Reincarnated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthmonkey

Reaction score
Can i Reincarnate a beer? I have 2 cases of IPA that I did not get to in time, ( I know I know) and now the no longer reassemble what I love about hops? Can I boil the beer back up and add some more hops and then ferment again?

What do you think you'd be fermenting?

Just think of them as pale ales and drink them. Don't make them worse by f-ing with them. Then you won't have them drinkable at all.

Once the beer is in the bottles that is kind of the end. With a keg you can remove dry hop bags and add new hops to reinvigorate the beer but dry hop bags for bottles are tiny and you can only fit one pellet in them anyway.

One idea is to make a hop tea using a French press or making an extraction with vodka and your favorite hops. Then take a bit of the hop concentrate and add it to your beer after you pour it. Our you could listen to the Rev, drink your paler ale and learn to drink your hop centric beers faster.

Why not just make another IPA and dump the old beer if it is really that bad.

Revvy said:
What do you think you'd be fermenting?

Just think of them as pale ales and drink them. Don't make them worse by f-ing with them. Then you won't have them drinkable at all.

This.
How long have they been sitting anyway? I have some IPA that's 5 months old and they're still great.

Back