Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"totes"

Honest to god...Are we 15?

Cheers! ;)

In as much as my post was a joke, the grammar contained therein was meant to convey the jovial nature of my reply. Internet pedantry often makes one look as immature and foolish as those you are attempting to criticize or demean in some manner, in this case, more so.

To quote the finest web comic, well, comic in general, Achewood:

"F*** along, now."

In as much as my post was a joke, the grammar contained therein was meant to convey the jovial nature of my reply. Internet pedantry often makes one look as immature and foolish as those you are attempting to criticize or demean in some manner, in this case, more so.

To quote the finest web comic, well, comic in general, Achewood:

"F*** along, now."

Yeah, ok. Go with that. It's crazy enough that someone might buy into it.

"totes"

Sheesh...

;)

Not that funny, but I felt like beating a dead horse

Sitting at a table at "Taste of Bloomington"
Younger guy (looks like an athletic trainer) " ... Beer can have a lot of calories"
Older guy "... Yea, with the beers I drink it's probably 400 a pop"
Trainer "with those beers you drink ... Especially Guinness - you don't run 15 miles a day like you used to."

I held back the "well actually," even though I could have snuck under the radar with my light [colored] beer.

"Beers got lots of vitamins" - co-worker

"Oh yeah, thats why you get 'beer muscles' sometimes. Almost as much B vitamins as an energy drink" - me laughing in my head

Well, there are B vitamins from the yeast, & proteins from the wort. But my son showed me something once where it was claimed that the alcohol does something to prevent absorption of the vitamins? Not sure I believe that? Funny that it's nice on Mother's day, but thundershowers likely on Father's day? What bug crawled up mother natures a$$ & bit her?!

I just ordered an Excavator Rye Brown Ale and got an IPA instead. Waitress- oh yeah, I forgot that the one is an IPA. Aren't they the same? :confused:

I hope you "well actually-ed" her ass off. Then overturned your pint glass, smashed it on the floor and walked out in a fit of rage saying you'll never be back.

Thank you SupervisingChildren for actually posting something funny you overheard about beer. Thank you WesleyS for being a dick to someone who is actually NOT derailing the thread.

Obligatory funny thing overheard about beer:
Server at a well established tap room in town: "It's a Farmhouse Ale. It's like an IPA." :smack:

Thank you SupervisingChildren for actually posting something funny you overheard about beer. Thank you WesleyS for being a dick to someone who is actually NOT derailing the thread.

Server at a well established tap room in town: "It's a Farmhouse Ale. It's like an IPA." :smack:

Thank you for misinterpreting my post. Should I have put these at the end of it to make it easy to understand. :D ;) :p

I did that when my mom called 2% milk whole milk. that was the day I moved out. I miss the 4th grade.

2% milk? Pssshh....what a joke. It sounds like you under reacted to that nonsense.

Edit: lest I be considered a dick :ban: :goat: :pipe: :tank: :p;):fro::D

I hope you "well actually-ed" her ass off. Then overturned your pint glass, smashed it on the floor and walked out in a fit of rage saying you'll never be back.

Hahaha. I actually did educate her on the differences in the 5 beers on tap, how two were lagers vs ales and how it's appreciated to let a customer know what actually is on tap. The IPA was way better than the brown ( which was the pale ale they said several weeks ago) so I gladly drank it with a smile despite being misinformed :D

Hahaha he was joking. Damn interwebs ruining humor haha.

A Farmhouse is an ipa? :eek: I thought only Excavator Rye Browns were IPAs?

I hate to take this thread off topic yet again, but i ran into a funny beer thing.
A new place, Mr. Brews taphouse, opened up near us and we went to try it out today. They have a decent tap list, but what got me was the way they categorized the beers. I should have taken a picture. They had Belgians and wheats in one category, pilsners in another, then Pale ales and ipas, browns and ambers, stouts and porters, and a category for ales and lagers. Ales and lagers? Like somehow none of the other categories were ales or lagers.

Had some folks over from work tonight for grilling/drinking of my homebrew. Everything was well received (from a week old cask ordinary bitter to 8-10 month old porter and high gravity belgians) although one person kept saying they tasted apples.

Acetaldehyde is a flavor I'm pretty tuned in on and for the past two years or so I've never tasted it in my brews, and especially with the aged stuff that seems highly unlikely.

Sorry, I'm just not funny :( :( :(

:mug:

You should have just started throwing apples at them at one point while shouting: "HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES???!!!"

Not funny "ha-ha", a 28 year old "craft brew expert" (self assigned title) told me that my 2 hearted tastes a lot like Blue Moon... groan! 😠

Served my latest spruce APA to my Grandpa and Father-in-law this weekend.

The response was almost identical:

"Whoof! That's gotta be like 10-15%, ooh, that's got some kick to it."

"Well, actually... it's around 5.5%, just slightly higher than a Budweiser. Here, I'll finish it."

Not funny "ha-ha", a 28 year old "craft brew expert" (self assigned title) told me that my 2 hearted tastes a lot like Blue Moon... groan! 😠

So, where did you bury him?

:)
Maybe Firewalker's 2-hearted clone DOES taste like Blue Moon. In which case, that's still not funny... ;)

Back