Hobgoblin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try if I find it.

Is it an Old Ale? I noticed that the 5 or so ABV indicates a mid range OG.

It's my usual tipple, love the stuff. It's full on flavour and slighty sweet, collect the caps and send for the T-Shirt.

I would recomend trying ALL of the Wychwood Beers.

I just finished the last of the Hobgoblin clone I brewed over the summer. It was great. The longer it sat in the bottles the better it got, smooth and flavorful.

I was cruising the Roth's supermarket and ran across some Hobgoblin! To put this in perspective, Roth's is a local Oregon chain with about 12 stores. Every bit as good as I expected. Reminds me a bit of Doryman's Dark from Pelican. Not quite as heavy. There was a slight sour nose when I first opened it, but that dissipated quickly.

I finally got around to trying this, beer. I was very Impressed, it was a very drinkable beer. I think a clone brew is in my future.

I turned a brewing buddy into going all grain with the hobgoblin. He brewed his first a month ago and he's out. He has to brew another this week.
Not only that. His uncle is now going to start AG and he doesn't even brew.
And I blame it all on Orfy for the hobgoblin...( thanks).

tried a hobgoblin the other day for the first time in years. pretty good...a little more bitter than i remember. i don't think they transport to the states well, however...i think i may have to try this recipe :)

Just racked mine to a secondary, and into cold conditioning it goes for about a week and a half. I had myself a little sip and its a very well balanced and great tasting beer at this point. Hopefully i can leave it alone long enough to fully age once it goes into a keg.

Back