What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2011 bottle. Tart,cherry,tobacco,smoke,more tart/sour-lingering tart. Probably better with food or cheese as suggested, its pretty tart. As far as smoked beers Id probaly rather have a Schnells stag series Rauchebeer or even a Fort Collins Z lager on most ocassions.

It has its place and I just think all that tartness needs food to pair and balance.The dopplebockness is strongly overpowered with tart smoked cherrywood but its dopplebock base is mildly noticable. Great beer with the right foods for shure.

beer_charkoota rye new holland.jpg

Harpoon IPA. Meh...
I just got back in from a restaurant. I had a Lagunitas IPA draught. I'd had the Harpoon for the past couple of nights and it wasn't anything special. Maybe I'm becoming too much of a hop head.

Mammoth brewing company epic ipa...alittle too malty for my taste..but still decent...
Igotsand

Homebrewed apfelweizen. I made a three gallon batch of hefe and dumped in two gallons of apple juice. Sounds crazy but it taste delicious!!

image-2651786393.jpg

Hop stoopid ---> hoptimum --->tbd. Lagunitas is simply a company of hop wizards. Hop Stoopid is liquid crack. Im glad I bought two bombers. The Sierra Nevada is a huge freakin' beer. I'd love another beer but I'm not sure I'll even taste it lol.

Closed out a bottle of chardonnay - but what I really had a taste for was a Belgian ale. Got to put that on the to-brew list.

Two Brothers - Domaine DuPage

They consider this a biere de garde. Not sure how they call it that. It tastes like a decent mild amber that is a little better tasting than Fat Tire.

Port Brewing Hop 15- I think it was old and stored ****ty.Flat sweet but pretty piney,murky,alcohol, and sorta sweet barelywineish. With carbonation and freshness i can see this being great,but it was somewhat offensive,i took a dump.Hated to do it but wasnt worth drinking the rest. Too strong to waste on a few other good beers i could be enjoying rather than just the flat high alcohol and crappy sweet piney alcohol. Shure i wasted money also.

Enjoying my Honey ale much more its prettty interesting,i cant believe how low it finished(it was 30% honey and does have great floral tones along with complimentary floral type hops.I wouldnt say its great but certainly differnet somewhat refreshing and tastey also.

Samichlaus Classic, Samichlaus Helles, DFH Palo Santo, Ayinger Dunkle, and DFH Burton Baton. I'm splitting all with a buddy.

jimmayhugh said:
SN / RR Brux

I saw that at the store today and almost bought it. It caught my attention because I've never seen anything from Russian River here.

Currently drinking Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Haven't had this one in a while. It's delicious.

Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Bean

Both of those sound really good to me... I'm feeling some jealousy right now.

Incidentally, I'm having a (second) glass of pinot grigio - this hot, humid weather has me on a bit of a wine kick. I can pretend I'm lounging on a Mediterranean island getaway when I drink wine...

Back