How to Keg Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your question and the answers that followed made me laugh uncontrollably, mainly because I'm buzzed.

Sanitize your keg.....

Put your Siphon in your fermentor....

Siphon the beer into the keg....

Hook up co2 tank. Turn on c02....

Turn off Co2....bleed off the gas....

Set your carb level and leave it alone for a week....I believe someone has a thread on here for carb levels and temperature. The temp of the keg affects the carbonation PSI.

Does beer make you smarter? That is my question to your question!

Your question and the answers that followed made me laugh uncontrollably, mainly because I'm buzzed.

at ten til seven? you're either a lucky man or have a low tolerance. :tank: either way, i found the OP's question very vague, as in i couldn't tell if he meant how to transfer a beer to keg, how to work the kegging equipment he has, or how to get started kegging. thus the question as opposed to a vague answer.

Does beer make you smarter? That is my question to your question!

The short answer is yes!

The long answer is in the words of the infamous Cliff Clavin:

“Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

brtisbuck said:
in much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

genius!!!!

The short answer is yes!

“Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

That is an absolute classic story. What happened to TV like that? Maybe I'm just getting older and I'm a bit nostalgic but that was a great show.

And to keep from hijacking this thread. 3 Peg's post #5 I believe is all you have to do. Kegging is very simple after you do it once.

at ten til seven? you're either a lucky man or have a low tolerance. :tank: either way, i found the OP's question very vague, as in i couldn't tell if he meant how to transfer a beer to keg, how to work the kegging equipment he has, or how to get started kegging. thus the question as opposed to a vague answer.

When you have an Imperial IPA and a Czech Pils on tap...it's fair game. Plus I hadn't eaten since 11:30...so I fell subject to the empty stomach problem.

It's still funny. Actually the Siphon answer was the best.

When you have an Imperial IPA and a Czech Pils on tap...it's fair game. Plus I hadn't eaten since 11:30...so I fell subject to the empty stomach problem.

It's still funny. Actually the Siphon answer was the best.

i guess 'lucky' it is. now i'm jealous. and yeah, 'siphon' was exactly what popped into my head too! :mug:

Too bad you're up in MN. I still have a Dunkelweizen, a Rye Pale Ale and a Russian Imperial Stout waiting to be kegged. I'd invite ya over! :off:

I swear I did not intend to hi-jack the thread.

3-Pegs, I'm originally (many years ago) from a small town in central Il, Peoria was considered the big city. Where is considered central northern IL?

The short answer is yes!

Give the man a nobel peace prize!! :mug:

Rockford area

We'll be in Rockford next Friday, and I'd normally invite myself over for a beer but we're not stopping. But your beers sound great!

To the OP, sorry we hijacked your thread.

We'll be glad to help you keg your beer, but some more info is pretty critical- like what kind of kegs you have, what equipment you have, and so on. But the primer linked to is a great place to start!

We'll be in Rockford next Friday, and I'd normally invite myself over for a beer but we're not stopping. But your beers sound great!

To the OP, sorry we hijacked your thread.

We'll be glad to help you keg your beer, but some more info is pretty critical- like what kind of kegs you have, what equipment you have, and so on. But the primer linked to is a great place to start!

If you do have the time to have a beer you should check out two locations in Rockford. 1) Carlyle brewery 2) Oasis

carlyle is a microbrewery Pub and make their own beers. Oasis is a hole in the wall pub that serves commercial microbrews that aren't normally found in the stores. :mug:

But if you give me heads up in the future, and the wife oks it, you are welcome :mug:

Back