went from picnics to faucets and no nothing but foam!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
I just drilled the holes for the faucets, installed them and now am getting pure foam. I was using picnic taps at 7 psi with 6 feet of line, now I am still at 7 psi with 6 feet of line and getting nothing but foam. any suggestions?

The faucets and beer line did warm up a bit while I was getting it all setup. I will go pull a half pint off each now and see if it has stopped gushing foam!

Still have the "foam fest" goin on! I pulled about 2 pints from each one and still foamy as hell.

Maybe a troll snuck into my garage last night and cranked the Co2 up to about 50 psi and then turned it back down this afternoon. Hmmmmm?

I can't imagine they would be worse than picnic taps? You're beverage line may be too short? Do you have more line? You're using actual beverage line right?

Maybe try bumping your line pressure down to 5 lbs. & purge the kegs?

Is there a chance the kegs got overcarbed somehow? You might try disconnecting the CO2 & purging them numerous times over the next day to see if that settles them down.

Definitely is beer line, I will try a 10 foot section, let it cool, and try again. Thanks with the troubleshooting Pinky.

Hope it turns out for ya!! 10' should be long enough. You can always shorten it up a little if it comes out too flat. FWIW.. I use zip ties to hold the coiled up line in place.

Did you shake the kegs up when you switched stuff. I know I always bump them around and I wonder if that would get stuff too excited.

Back