beer tools pro vs beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmoran

Reaction score
Any comments on the new beer tools pro 1.5 vs beersmith?? Is the access to the recipes through beertools.com addition better than whats available for the beersmith etc?? difficult decision here for software - need input thanks.

Hard call. Both have equally useful features. With Beer Tools you can only download so many free recipes before you have to pay for a seperate forum membership. I have beer tools and like it, but on the same note if I were going to recommend software I'd recommend Beersmith only because the guy who developed it is very active here at HBT and quick to respond.

Kind of funny eh? I have one, but am recommending the other.

It's really hard to recommend one over the other. I had BSM for the trial period, bought BTP and felt crippled because it's not as intuitive. Now that I understand BTP and have used it for over a year, I feel really comfortable with it. However, so much time has passed that I don't "know" BS anymore to compare it. The one thing BS has going for it that is has many more users.

Both are good, and for the price both are bargains. You won't go wrong with either of them.

One thing that really makes Beersmith stand out above all other packages is that it is constantly under update, and the developer Brad Smith runs awesome support. He even comes on this forum personally from time to time to answer questions or receive suggestions to improve the program. All the other packages are relatively slow for software updates.

Latest posts

Back