Apfelwein...Warp speed? Aye Captain!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearkluttz

Reaction score
So i',m a liter deep into my first batch of Apfelwein. Left it still and added a bit of Sprite to the glass. Holy Crap. SWMBO says i need to quit drinking the apfelwein now... Of course the Apfelwein made me say no. So its not like ists my fault. Now she is looking at me i better stop talking out loud while typing. Thanks Ed. I gotta set the autobrew on the coffee pot b4 i sleep.

Didn't take Ed's advice. Did remember to set the coffee pot. Gotta say for such a nice druck buzz the after effects are pretty slight. +another few for Ed and his Apfelwein.

Noooo no pain relievers before bed when hammered! It taxes the liver too much and can cause death or worse! Lotsa water and gatorade (or pedialyte) works better.

I usually use ibuprofen for my before-bed and my morning-after because I heard somewhere that it's less liver-harmful than anything containing acetaminophen. True? False? (Even then, I take a small dose - I'm well over 250lb, and only take a single 200mg ibuprofen when druck, and 2 of them in the morning. Also, quart of water to accompany. When taking ibuprofen for actual non-druck pain, I usually take three.)

My favorite used to be naproxen (Aleve) but that **** nearly ate a hole in my stomach when I was 16. Can't take it anymore. (Sucks, it's the most effective I found for knee/joint issues)

And yes, +1000 to Apfelwein. Got my keg reasonably carbed up (CO2 tank ran out after 2 days on the gas) and am mixing mine with OktoberFAST ale. Delicious!

Back