Pork Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
Ok, so have you ever heard the saying, "There's a porkchop in every bottle!"? It is in referance to beer. Pork soda another name for beer as well. I've kinda wondered how plausable it would be to cook up some porkchops, puree them then toss them in your mash and make a beer from it that actually dosn't suck. I've heard of people using fruit, peppers or spruce tips. Then there's the recepie of "A cock ale" where you toss a whole chicken in a fermenting batch of beer, after you break all it's bones of course. Has anyone used a steak or porckchop in their beer on purpose and had it turn out drinkable? If so it would be funny as hell and alot of fun to share!

HAHAHAH!!! yeah, just read that whole thing! Fun read! Diddn't see anywhere that anyone had tried it though. Kinda hoped that someone actually fell for it and did a batch. Then I'd know one way or the other. Maybe I'll have to make a one gallon batch of cider, in a stock pot, and toss half a chop in it. Think I'd have to get some turbo yeast and pump that abv up to 18% or so as not to kill myself :cross: hehe... Worst case I'd have a tasty chop to eat! HAHA!!

just a though but wouldnt this induce odd bacteria to grow. you would have to cook the pork first. id be down to try a batch in a growler. Even if i pureed the pork what type of beer would this go best with. I have a batch of apfelwein coming up too i could try it with. Which would be better.

I experimented with pork and beer in college.

I'm glad she left early, otherwise it would have been awkward in the morning.

Pork Soda

Now listen up you know ya come home from working that nine to five and
lay yourself down on burgundy couch, you know, it never really was
burgundy. It was red, and you painted with the goddamn sprinkler and
now you have bits and pieces of burgundy stuck to your but every time
you get off of it. You never tell your family, you never tell your
family because, you know, ol' Junior, he's got no brains, and what can
you do? What can you do? (And old Junior, you know, got a little crazy
with that P.B.J. that one day...??)

CHORUS
Grab yourself a can of pork soda
You'll be feeling just fine
Ain't nothin' quite like sittin' 'round the house
Swillin' down them Cans of swine

Ha ha ha! Yes, Dad's an idiot alright!

Well, alright, I'm really starting to worry about you. You had to have
that two-car garage with the large driveway so you could park that
goddamn boat in it. If it wasn't for the boat (blah blah blah)

CHORUS

I like Kansas wine...

Well, maybe it's something simpler, like your team lost or your
girlfriend used to be a guy, you know, I don't know. I mean...(blah
blah blah)

I experimented with pork and beer in college.

I'm glad she left early, otherwise it would have been awkward in the morning.

A good plan of attack in that situation is to set an alarm early to reload on the beer. That way the pork still looks like a prime cut when the doorknob hits her roast on the way out.

I thought this was going to be about Jones Soda...
071109_Jones_Soda.jpg

Back