CO2 tank on its side?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermish

Reaction score
I just had a quick question about if it is okay to lay a co2 tank on its side. It would make it so that I could fit more kegs in my fridge, and I don't see anything wrong with it, but maybe some of you smarter people know somehting that I don't.
Thanks

you can do it, you just have to mod your tank a bit and put an anti siphon valve in it.

astube1.jpg

Chimone said:
you can do it, you just have to mod your tank a bit and put an anti siphon valve in it.
Yeah, commonly done in paintball. Bear in mind though that you have to remove the valve from the tank to do so, and you have to make sure that the tank is ALWAYS oriented with the tube facing straight up. Plus, you'll have to get it filled rather than exchanged, which may or may not be a problem depending on where you take it, but will likely add some hassle in any case. IMO, not really worth it unless you're REALLY determined to use your tank on its side.

I don't know what your exact situation, but keep in mind that putting the tank outside the kegerator is often a very good option, and installing some kind of gas bulkhead in order to keep the tank outside may be less work than converting your tank with an anti-siphon. Also may allow you to upgrade to a bigger tank, which in my case was a major plus.

Back