Rare uncontacted Amazon tribe photographed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BleedsDogFish

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24880941/?GT1=43001

This article amazed me. I was unaware that there were un-contacted tribes still around. At first I thought that they need some assistance to be modernized and then it hit me..............Why?

I lived in Delaware for a time and there was large amish population there. One day I was voicing my opinion on how weird I thought they were, and my boss at the time said why? They are a group doing there own thing with little impact on our society as a whole, what do you care?

So I wander about these tribes. I dont care either way in the long run but I say let them be. It is amazing to me that these tribes are still around....it's like an ant farm in some sick way.....They don't need our religion or the be enslaved and they dont need the pox. They are the only true link to the past we have. I wonder if the ferment any type of beverage?

I think it's a little irresponsible for our first contact to be from airplanes. It's obvious, from the pictures with arrows, that the tribe is frightened. One sighting from an airplane could turn their religion/culture on its head. The next time we go to actually talk to them we'll find out that they sacrifice animals to the gods of Boeing.

Dang those dudes are red. Not the color you want to paint yourself if you're looking to stay hidden. :D

100% agree to leave them alone....

But someone is going to want to study them....

Someone is going to want more photos for those nature magazines....

Someone is going to want to write more about them....

Some rich person is going to want to pay an arm and a leg to see them in person......

Someone is going to "spare the heathans and spread the good news"

Might as well just skip it all, destroy thier lifestyle, tradition, and culture, and thrust them into poverty.

The next time we go to actually talk to them we'll find out that they sacrifice animals to the gods of Boeing.

I might have to invite them to our next Republican convention :D

Sorry, end all political comments here, I just had to say it.....:p

Back