Brew Schools?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also the Fermentation Science degree at OSU, Corvallis, OR. OSU is one of the leading universities in the world for hop and barley research.

OSU grads have been brewing all the way back to Mr. Blitz and the Widmer brothers, more recently.

I keep hearing of MANY who've gone to UC Davis...

I'm actually sitting 20 minutes away from UC davis at this very moment.

To think they have sweet sweet brewing action going on right now is hotter than the idea of college girls downing all that homebrew.

Well, not quite, but still...

There is a beer science and history class at Western KY University, where they learn how to homebrew..

Thanks for the info everyone....

I'd really like to hear a opinion on some of the schools by graduates of the programs.

Was it worth it? Is is a good program? Etc.

Davis and Siebel seem good from their websites.

The Fermentation Science seems really indepth, I think it's a 4 year degree. Half of the faculty instruct at Davis as well.

Thanks for the info everyone....

I'd really like to hear a opinion on some of the schools by graduates of the programs.

Was it worth it? Is is a good program? Etc.

The only way I can answer this question is with another question: Why do you want to do this? To be a better homebrewer? To go pro? Why?

Cheers,

Bob

Gotcha.

School is great. However, were I you I'd go get a gig as an assistant brewer somewhere. Keep quiet, be a sponge and get your knowledge on practical terms.

If you insist on going to one of the schools, there's no real difference in quality between UCD and Siebel. They have different approaches, and are in different parts of the country. That's about it. In fact, they've both got similar courses:

UC Davis - Professional Brewers Certificate Program

Siebel - World Brewing Academy Associate in Brewing Technology

I wish you every success!

Bob

Back