Russian Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northern Italy sounds very nice. Great variety of climates near you.

Large temp swings where I live. Generally very nice here in the summer, though gets hot on occasion. Can get very cold in Jan and Feb. I remember one day when I was at college in Duluth it dropped to -52F, and was -60F about 60 miles away. Forget about starting your car in that temp. That is very unusual though.

I'm excited to get this RIS packaged in a couple of.months more. I do so enjoy them.

1.026 after almost three weeks. That makes about 11.4% Abv after priming 1.111 OG. Pitching on a cake for big complex beers is the way to go.

Racking to carboy on bourbon and oak for 8 weeks tomorrow.

down to 1020, 13,5%

taste very good, the smell is a little bit strange but it's yet in the fermenter...!

i think i'm going to bottle the big part as it is and test some maltodextrin to a small part of the batch in order to learn something about!

1016 AA85% ABV: 14%:drunk::drunk:

still fermenting! i like it a lot! as previously said, i'm going to bottle the most part of it as it is and i'll try on a small part to play a bit with maltodextrin!

1.011, i think is near the end of fermentation (maybe another couple of point) it's ethyl and hot, i think it will need a looooooot of time to mellow, i don't think worth to drink it before a year

finished at 1011, tasted today and is very very hot, doesn't taste like a imperial stout.
i'll leave it in the fermenter another couple of month and after bottled i'll forget it into the vinery hoping that this unpleasant hot/rocket fuel taste/flavor will go away with age

gave another try today, still very hot with a predominant taste of alcool but the "rocket fuel" taste is going away, i'm going to bottle it with some ec1118 in two weeks!

i think i have to wait a lot of time to drink it. so i'm brewing another ris with which i had succes:)

Back