Can you kill hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamarkid7

Reaction score
So i have got really bad at watering my plants out the back of my apartment. I figured the apartment sprinklers are watering them. I was wrong. One plant started getting a little yellow. So my question is if this plant dies will it still come back next year? Or will it be dead dead? This is my first year growing hops. thanks...

I neglected my hops last year, some came back and some didn't. If it's just a little yellow and still alive it will come back for sure.

if you vine is established(more than 1 year old) and the vines die back for almost any reason, the root system has already spread out far enough and retains enough water to sustain them til the next growing cycle. remember there is almost no other faster growing plant on earth, the vines require alot of H20

Often the signs of over watering and under watering are never the same, Simple to prove if your to lazy to do a search, just do a small controlled study 2 plants same type same size give 1 twice the water as the other you'll have your proof in very short order. someone has no clue of what they are talking about. Often a starving person looks fully fed !

Often the signs of over watering and under watering are never the same, Simple to prove if your to lazy to do a search, just do a small controlled study 2 plants same type same size give 1 twice the water as the other you'll have your proof in very short order. someone has no clue of what they are talking about. Often a starving person looks fully fed !

Its also easy to tell the difference between a grump brewer and happy one...I don't even have to do research.

OP - You don't clarify if you are planting in the ground, or some sort of container. If you are planting in a container, the plants can most definetely die from lack of water. If they are planted in the ground it is much harder to kill something from lack of water.

Back