Help converting my kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valicious

Reaction score
I bought this 10gal SS kettle a little while ago, and now I'm trying to convert it into a full-fledged brewpot with a spigot and dip tube.

I've essentially figured out what I need to drill the hole (drill, step bit, pilot, make a 7/8" hole), but the parts for the actual conversion still elude me no matter how much I search.
Does anyone know of a guide that contains a full parts list and detailed instructions? I'm hoping to get as much as I can at Home Depot so I can save money, but I know some things like O-rings Ill have to order online.

I'll be ordering a pump from Austin Homebrew Supply because I got a gift certificate for my birthday, so I'm trying to order the parts I can't get at HD from there.

www.buyfittingsonline.com for stainless,
bagainfittings.com
weldlessfittings.com
they have lots of what you want. i have stuff from weldless and buyfittingsonline.com
i beleive all three are reputable outfits

What's the part list? Can I just get the kettle bulkhead with a ball valve and hose barb adapter from weldlessfittigs? Will the diptube they have work? Or do I need to contact them to get a different size?

and what kit is it from Austin and brewmasters?

Back