GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still enjoy watching Family Guy. It still amuses me when I need to relax, laugh, and just not care. I used to love The Simpson's when I was younger, however for the past 8-10 years I haven't felt myself caring to watch it all; if I do it's never as funny as it used to be!

Anyone have any recommendations for a series I might be able to get into watching? Preferably something with more than only 1 season.
Series enjoyed:
Prison Break
Breaking Bad

Series attempted, but didn't quite enjoy (Didn't make it past first 1 or 2 episodes):
Orange is the New Black
BSG
Weeds

Give 24 a go if you liked Prison Break.

South Park new episodes start 9-25!!!

I am one of South Park's biggest fans but I do agree that the last few seasons have been a little flat.
Now that Matt and Trey are getting older and branching out they do not seem to be putting the same amount of energy into every episode any more.
They are no longer doing a split 7-7 episode season; they cut the season by 4 episodes this year so we will only get 10 new shows this year.
I will be watching hopeful that they can turn a great season this year.

My Netflix, on the other hand, may be getting dropped soon if I cannot get my back episodes of South Park back.

Supernatural. Just finished the first of 8 seasons. It's actually a pretty good action/comedy/thriller series. Lots of good one-liners mixed in and some very nice classic rock tunes now and again to get the scene in the mood. It's got two hot guys solving supernatural mysteries and killing monsters, but it also has a 67 Impala to balance it out.

If you haven't watched Coupling, it's by far one of the funniest things to come out of British TV in... ever. (Ok, maybe not ever.) But well worth the watch.

but Black Books is where it's at. Hilarious, drunken angry fun.

I may have to give that one a try once I've caught back up on Who. Just found out Red Dwarf is available on Netflix as well. But that is definitely a user-specific recommendation. Probably not for most people.

So.... Netflix is definitely taking advantage of the new Smurfs 2 movie that's out. There's a "new" Smurfs movie available... from 1976. I must say, being in a sober state is not how one should view this movie. This movie is terrible. And absolutely crazy. The writers/animators had to have been on something when making this film. 20 minutes in, you'll definitely say to yourself, "This is a Smurfs movie, right?" I won't recommend ANYONE to watch it, but if you feel you must, it's only available until Oct. 1!

barrooze said:
So.... Netflix is definitely taking advantage of the new Smurfs 2 movie that's out. There's a "new" Smurfs movie available... from 1976. I must say, being in a sober state is not how one should view this movie. This movie is terrible. And absolutely crazy. The writers/animators had to have been on something when making this film. 20 minutes in, you'll definitely say to yourself, "This is a Smurfs movie, right?" I won't recommend ANYONE to watch it, but if you feel you must, it's only available until Oct. 1!

Personally, I like to watch a truly horrible movie at least once every 10 years. It readjusts the whole bell curve so everything else seems that much better.

I wish it were. It's called Derek, and is definitely a new direction for him.

I'd recommend it as well. I expected typical Gervais humor, but it has a sad melancholy side as well. It also has Karl Pilkington in it and no one does miserable hilarity like him.

If we're talking British, I'd definitely suggest coupling and black books as well.

While you're at it, IT Crowd, Snuff Box, and Peep Show.

Kingdom is also pretty good if you like Stephen Fry.

Got my HTPC running, at least hardware and OS-wise. Soon shall have XBMC set up to run all my media on it and will get Netflix, Hulu and Amazon through it. Will share more experiences with it as I go. :mug:

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
Kingdom is an average kinda feelgood show, but yeah. I just love to watch Stephen Fry, so it's a winner for me too.
Yeah, I wouldn't call it amazing, but It is pretty decent, and different enough. Also, I once watched Stephen Fry list gadgets for a few hours. Might be on Netflix, actually - if anyone really needs a fix.

10 black books
9 Sherlock
8 saxondale
7the increasingly poor decisions of Todd margret
6 pulp fiction
5 resurrect the dead
4 exit threw the gift shop
3 arrested development
2 peep show
1 Derek

Exit through the gift shop is one of the most disturbing commentaries on consumer culture I've seen. Excellent film.

Haha Black Books is awesome.

"Thats the normal everyday drinking wine. Not the really expensive out of bounds stuff. Thats from the cheap and dusty rack on the right, not from the clean expensive wine on the left."

Watched most of Exit Through the Gift Shop last night with the wife. Really interesting flick, thanks to whoever recommended it. I'll probably finish it tonight. Couldn't get into Derek.

Watched most of Exit Through the Gift Shop last night with the wife. Really interesting flick, thanks to whoever recommended it. I'll probably finish it tonight. Couldn't get into Derek.

Thanks for you re-endorsing it!

Now I'll check it out. *because I apply undue credit for your B&WOG avatar ;)*

Back