Quick Brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhngml

Reaction score
Hey, Folks - I promised a batch for a 6/18 wedding, which means I have three weeks to brew, ferment, bottle, and condition. Any advice on a basic recipe/style that'll be ready by then?

Cursing procrastination,
John

Something low gravity. A Mild or maybe a Blonde ale. That being said, if you're confident with your brewing process, I can crank out a decent APA easily in three weeks.

I would brew a mild with a nice flocculent yeast like S-04. It will ferment fast and clear fast.

I can get my APA from grain to glass in 12 days, but that is kegging and force carbing, I would think that brewing and bottle conditioning is gonna be cuttin it razor thin, if it ferments out in a week, that only gives you 2 weeks to properly carb up and chill down. that in my book is cutting it waaay too close.

^ Good suggestion above.

Also consider that most people might be put off by something too "flavorful" so the Blonde might fit the bill for both beer lovers and Bud lovers.

A blonde like BM's Centennial Blonde will ferment out crazy fast and drop clean for sure, I would go that route and hope for the best

Thanks, guys. Any leads on a mostly-extract recipe? I'm sure my local shop can help, but it's usually better to go in with something in mind.

If you were kegging I would think it possible. Carbonating in a bottle usually takes 3 weeks at least before its right. That doesnt leave any time for it to ferment or clear.

Went with a Hefeweizen; it's halfway through fermentation (local shop said secondary was not necessary) and will condition in bottles for two weeks.

Thanks, all,
John

Nice, didn't even think of it. Those bad boys will carb up in a couple days if you keep it warm, so much un-flocculated yeast.

Latest posts

Back