Second batch came out great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lroog

Reaction score
I drank the first bottle of my second batch tonight!!!

I brewed a Summer Blond Ale. Primary only for two weeks and in the bottle for one week tonight. It is really good! Even after one week!!

I will not be using a secondary again unless I start with the fruit infusions. Not using a secondary was much less hassle and the beer tastes great There is no yeast or "bready" taste as I was told there would be my the brew shop guy. The advice I got on this board was much more accurate and my beer turned out great!

Thanks again Home Brewers!

:mug:

Awsome grats on the good Brew! secondary for me is just to clear up the beer or good for dry hopin!

Secondary is for making beer people will see, not what you drink yourself in my humble opinion. I dont have a single beer that tastes better after a secondary than a primary......sorry for the spelling, hammered.

Secondary is for making beer people will see, not what you drink yourself in my humble opinion. I dont have a single beer that tastes better after a secondary than a primary......sorry for the spelling, hammered.

Spelling : correct...Grammar : Not so much.

Since Possum Knob is a suburb of Bugtussel, shouldn't you just claim to be from Bugtussel since more people are familiar with it?

Sorry dude, fellow southerner, also hammered.:drunk:

OP: Congrats, don't worry about secondaries unless you want it clearer. I always try mine early too, I can't resist. I finished my first batch one month after bottling.

Exactly. Thats why I keg all of my beers now, and have a couple of sleeves of plastic cups next to the kegerator. The cups arent clear, so it doesnt matter if my beer is 'clear' either. Then again, a month in the primary tends to give me really clear beers anyway.

Gratz on your second batch! NOW GET GOING ON SOME MORE!
-Me

:off:

Possum Knob? damn, that is the coolest town name ever!

to the OP: congrats on the first brew!

Back