Ballast Point tongue buckler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregR

Reaction score
pretty tasty stuff. I tried a sample at the brew mart today and ended up walking out with a few bombers. I dunno if I would want all 22oz in one sitting but still really good.

Weenie!

Ballast Point is good stuff. Never had the Tongue Buckler, but it sounds excellent! I have had 3 others by BP, and was impressed.

ballast point i hands down my favorite brewery. their year around brews are good but their specialty brews are where they shine.

this one is really good but the flavor is really 'in your face' . I'd want to change it up after a bottle.

Ballast Point is great. Tongue Buckler is a really good red. Huge hop profile in that one. You're right about their specialty beers, too. So underrated. They're probably my second favorite brewery in SD now.

That reminds me, I've gotta go there to grab some more caps, I'm running low. I'll probably take a taste of the buckler when I'm there.

I got a visit from the ballast point Fairy today and picked up a few bombers. . .

Tongue Buckler imperial Red
Dorado Double IPA
Sculpin IPA
Sea Monster imperial Stout

I don't even know where to start. . .

I got a visit from the ballast point Fairy today and picked up a few bombers. . .

Tongue Buckler imperial Red
Dorado Double IPA
Sculpin IPA
Sea Monster imperial Stout

I don't even know where to start. . .

Stopped in last week and tried the Tongue Buckler. Delicious, hoppy, malty, and had a wonderful kick. Quite nice.

Still, I have found a new love in the new Navigator Doppelbock. Dear God, that stuff is AMBROSIA! I picked up a bomber of that and finished it in three days. Amazing, crisp, tasty, smooth.

Stopped in last week and tried the Tongue Buckler. Delicious, hoppy, malty, and had a wonderful kick. Quite nice.

Still, I have found a new love in the new Navigator Doppelbock. Dear God, that stuff is AMBROSIA! I picked up a bomber of that and finished it in three days. Amazing, crisp, tasty, smooth.

A growler you mean?

Damn. If there was any way to have some BP shipped to me on the east coast I'd be in.

Guess you are just going to have to fly in, aren't you. It's ok, you could visit BP, Stone, Lightning, Green Flash, and Carlsbad Pizza Port in a single weekend. Be warned, once you taste what these guys have to offer your beer drinking experience will never be the same.

Guess you are just going to have to fly in, aren't you. It's ok, you could visit BP, Stone, Lightning, Green Flash, and Carlsbad Pizza Port in a single weekend. Be warned, once you taste what these guys have to offer your beer drinking experience will never be the same.

If that's all you visit in a weekend, you'd be missing out. To get around most breweries being closed on Sunday, you'd need to plan a Friday...

Friday I would start way East in Alpine, then come back into civilization for Ballast Point (either one), Alesmith, and then go for an evening in North Park for Blind Lady Alehouse, Toronado, and Hamilton's.

Saturday, I would do the North County corridor. Start at Pizza Port Carlsbad, hit Green Flash, Port/Lost Abbey, and Stone.

That would cover some good bases. I personally wouldn't bother with Lightning. They're not that exciting. If Mission Brewery weren't so far South, I'd suggest them too.

Back