Wireless digital thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak47clown

Reaction score
So i was wandering around my local sears hardware store at lunch today looking for a thermometer that i could put in my basement. I found this one on clearance there for 10 bucks:

Springfield Instruments 91655 Wireless Thermometer with Hygrometer and Clock

It's got a few pretty sweet features like the ability to give you the min/max temp for the day, obvious remote capability means I can monitor it from my room and it's got an input for a probe-which according to their site is waterproof. I ordered one for 4 bucks so once that comes i'll be using that to keep an eye on the temp of my wort. It's also got the ability to monitor 3 transmitters so it's expandable as well!

Nice multi-purpose unit. I had one that would monitor temp (but no probe unfortunately) which was nice to see what different parts of the house are at when I didn't have a temp-controlled freezer to ferment in. I was able to find the best temp spot depending on time of year.

yeah...the min max feature gives me a good idea what place is the most stable (so far it's the basement holding at 59-61).

Latest posts

Back