Finished Keezer Build (w/ pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstrohs

Reaction score
I first want to say thanks to this forum and everyone that posts for the great ideas and help in regards to keezer builds. I never thought that I could make something this awesome by myself. It did take some time and money but it will be well worth it. Here are some pics of the finished keezer:

P1000544.jpg

P1000548.jpg

P1000552.jpg

P1000554.jpg

Awesome job! I can't wait until I ove into a bigger place so I can finally build myslef one of these...

Cheers!

I think I have this same keezer. How many cu/ ft? Mine is 14... the lid was so beat up from shipping that it won't sit flush. In the process of building a totally new lid. Sears sold it to me for like $54. How many cronies will it hold?

I think I have this same keezer. How many cu/ ft? Mine is 14... the lid was so beat up from shipping that it won't sit flush. In the process of building a totally new lid. Sears sold it to me for like $54. How many cronies will it hold?

I can fit five in there if I put one above the compressor.

Looks great pstrohs! Very clean and well organized set up....you should be proud of your work. I'm trying like hell to finish my "rustic" coffin keezer this weekend, so I can join the HBT "Keezer" Club as well. I hope it gives you many drunken nights and years of enjoyment. :mug: If you have about 10 hours check my thread out.....a lot of pics and a thread that has gotten crazy long! :drunk:

Looks great pstrohs! Very clean and well organized set up....you should be proud of your work. I'm trying like hell to finish my "rustic" coffin keezer this weekend, so I can join the HBT "Keezer" Club as well. I hope it gives you many drunken nights and years of enjoyment. :mug: If you have about 10 hours check my thread out.....a lot of pics and a thread that has gotten crazy long! :drunk:

I have definitely been keeping track of your build. Awesome woodwork.

Thanks man. It's 1:30 a.m. following at 14 hr. work day....I am frickin' whipped, but I managed to get the final clear coat on the woodwork (and consume 7 HB's while doing so). I hope to tile in the a.m. and grout Sunday, but who the hell knows. Seems like there is not enough hours in the day anymore. :confused: Mark my words damnit!!!!.....this thing will be done this weekend.! :rockin: Again.....great work on your keezer build....I must now go to sleep.

does the light still function if the temp controller has shut down power to the compressor? If so how have you wired in the temp controller?

does the light still function if the temp controller has shut down power to the compressor? If so how have you wired in the temp controller?

Funny you should ask. I actually didn't realize that this was going to be an issue until I got finished reconnecting the wire and it didn't turn on. Then I had one of those "duh" moments.:drunk: So, I just ended up splicing an old extension cord that I wasn't using anymore and connecting it to the freezer lid. Now the lid has its own power source and doesn't rely on the main unit. Here is a pic of what the back looks like:

P1000563.jpg

Back