Shanks for a Perlick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC0032

Reaction score
I'm building out a 3 faucet tower and wanted to to know what kind/ type/ size of shanks to get. It will be a 3" tower so I know the shanks will have to be short.

The questions:
- Do Perlicks have a special shank they need? I cant find anything on this.
- What size shanks will I need with a 3" tower? Im thinking the 2" ones like THIS
- That shank doesn't appear to be round and able to mate to a tower.
- Anyone know who has the best prices on Perlicks? The best I can find is $35 HERE

i paid 38 for my perlicks, but you have to remember to watch your shipping as that is a part of the price as well. I happened to catch keg connection on free shipping for my entire keg setup purchase which was great!!

perlicks do not require a special shank.

Sorry i cant help on the tower though as i have a keezer with a collar.

Enjoy!

i recently switched my 3 tap system over to all Perlicks. I had the normal taps before. I unscrewed the old taps and put on the Perlicks. They use the same shank.

I bought my perlicks at superprod.com. They were the cheapest I'd found them anywhere.

They were the cheapest (especially when they had their sale at the end of the year - 10% off), but they don't seem to carry them anymore. They could just be out of stock, but I couldn't find them on the site at all.

Since Superior Products doesn't have them, I went with Williams. I did the Perlick/shank combo. Worked out to be a good deal.

Oh wow, you're right the perlicks aren't on superior product's site right now. Glad I got em when I did!

Ok next silly question along these lines.

How do you attach/ secure the beer hose to the shank barb? Worm clamp?

Worm clamp is fine and that's what I use.

The other option seems to be Oetiker/stepless ear clamps. I'm not sure of their benefits, but they're more expensive initially because you need a somewhat specialized tool to tighten them. Somebody here probably uses them; a search might turn up more info if you're interested.

i think most just use a worm clamp. I would not really stress it...

Back