Another source for B3 stainless QD's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal

Reaction score
!*!@#&%!$!@# CRAP!

Female Stainless Steel Quick Disconnect w/Barb (link)
phpThumb.php

MPT Stainless Steel Male Quick Disconnect (link)
phpThumb.php

So I go to place an order today with B3 which includes 8 of these stainless female QD's with 1/2" barbs (first picture shown above) but they're on BACKORDER until March 8, 2009! That's 6 freakin' weeks!

The male QD (lower picture) is in stock. But not sure I want to buy a dozen of them and risk that B3 may never have the matching female QD in stock in the future.

Anyone have another source for good stainless QD's? 1/2" barb with Female QD <-> Male QD with 1/2" MPT?

A similar set from McMaster is over $60 (vs. B3's $24). At that price I might as well buy the male NPT output QD version for $6 more and add a $4 FPT to Barb adapter and stick with B3.

Searching around here comes up empty but a lot of people complaining about B3 being out of stock on items quite often. Sheesh.

Kal

B3 just screwed me on an order... I will never buy from them again.

Sorry to hear that they cannot supply you with what you need either.

No idea where to get SS QDs... I cannot afford SS. :)

From what I've heard, MoreBeer had their version of the quick disconnect designed and built for them specifically because other versions were too expensive. Unfortunately, that means that you probably won't find the same item at the same price elsewhere.

Sonofa....

I ordered 6 of those QD's with barbs 2 weeks ago and they were supposed to be in stock and then 3 days later I get an email saying they are backordered. They acted like they would be back in stock fairly quick. Now I have 8 of the male QD's with no partners and I have to wait 6 weeks. Geez

That is the second time i've ordered something in stock and to find it's actually out.

Kal- I would just put these on your wish list and get everything else set. They are literally the last thing you need to assemble before you brew, so it is worth 6 weeks to have what you want.

I do really wish these were available from more than one vendor.

B3 just screwed me on an order... I will never buy from them again.

Sorry to hear that they cannot supply you with what you need either.

No idea where to get SS QDs... I cannot afford SS. :)

What did they screw you on? I am on the fence with them. I like them because they are close and the shipping is fairly quick even with the free shipping and on my 2 orders they have got 1 item wrong on each order, but were happy to fix it and send out the right part.

I am hoping to drop in the store for a 50lb sack of 2-row for $32.25 soon.

FWIW, I do not really use them, they messed up 3 orders of mine. 3 strikes rule applied.

Well, I am at 2 strikes then, but mine are not a total swing for the fences strike though. On my first order they sent promash instead of beersmith, easy fix.

On my recent order they sent a gas ball lock quick disconnect instead of a liquid. Easy fix again though. Actually they cheated me out of 2 feet of 1/4 ID hose too.... :mad:

This is not enough to make me switch considering their prices and proximity though.

Well, they are sort of local for you too, so that has to be considered.

Back to the original post, there site seems to be plagued with out of stock items a lot, which shows a band inventory management approach. And I was on the receiving end of shipping and billing issues, which illustrates the trifecta of business issues.

Conversily NorthernBrewer seems to really be on the ball and their support staff is second to none. Too bad they don't have as wide a variety of stainless fittings or ship USPS (useful for non-Americans).

Kal

Not B3 disconnects but....

I ordered some Tri-Clovers the other month from Swagman. I played with the MoreBeer ones instore and they were nice but the clover's were cheaper for my setup and what I already had on hand. I was also a little worried about how I'd replace the gasket in the MoreBeer ones if they ever did need to be replaced, but that could be an easy ordeal.

Some might argue they're not actually "quick" disconnects though... but with a little practice you can get them on in no time.

Here's a thread someone made on them:
tri-clover fittings

Sorry about that, I ordered 20 sets of the SS QD's and another 10 of the Female QD with the 1/2" barb...
My bad. Didnt mean to buy them all out.

I did look on some other sites for the QD's but like someone else already said, I didnt find any that were the same.

Sorry about that, I ordered 20 sets of the SS QD's and another 10 of the Female QD with the 1/2" barb...

I did look on some other sites for the QD's but like someone else already said, I didnt find any that were the same.

ohhh so it was you, you'd better be sending me my 6 barbed females :D

I can't believe it's going to take so long to get them back in stock.

Give me warning next time so that I can buy right before you... ;)

Kal

What happened to you Pol? I haven't had any issues with B3 before, but I'm always wary of ordering online.

Hey bro, I gave B3 all of my business last year... but when I NEEDED customer service, the phone was silent. Waited 2 weeks for an order, it was held up for leaf cascades, never got an email (checked all my boxes)... so I contacted them and they never even mentioned replacing the leaf cascade with pellet, so I could actually BREW, what a concept right?

Anyhow, I cancelled, never to return again. I cannot take the risk of waiting 2 weeks again, just to cancel. Know what I mean? Also, the fact that they stock what, 5 types of hops TOTAL? They are always out of stock on something, AND if it shows in stock (as I recentely found out) it really may not be.

Midwest was always good to me in the past, so I went back there. Brewmasters Warehouse has been very diligent in answering my q's and responding to customers so I am going there too, Nikobrew just got a nice hop order from me too (which he shipped in less than 24 hours).

I keep hearing excuses about "growing business" being an issue at stores. Correct me, but if you have a GOOD business, isnt it yor plan to ALWAYS be growing? So am I looking at crummy service forever, if you are always "growing". That is no excuse, and I dont get to brew in January thanks to B3's "growth". Well, since I am not buying there anymore, maybe that will lighten thier load so the rest of you can get what you need :D

Not B3 disconnects but....

I ordered some Tri-Clovers the other month from Swagman. I played with the MoreBeer ones instore and they were nice but the clover's were cheaper for my setup and what I already had on hand. I was also a little worried about how I'd replace the gasket in the MoreBeer ones if they ever did need to be replaced, but that could be an easy ordeal.

Some might argue they're not actually "quick" disconnects though... but with a little practice you can get them on in no time.

Here's a thread someone made on them:
tri-clover fittings

Took me a little while to get a handle on these, but they are great.

breweryparts.com

I also had 2 items in 2 seperate orders(both placed in the last three weeks) that appeared in stock on their website(morebeer), but then I later received an email saying that they were not. I also emailed them a question about a product on their website over 3 weeks ago and I still have not received a response. Very annoying.

If you are going to bash a retailer please make sure you supply full facts of what happened and say if you gave them a chance to rectify the problem.
It's very easy to go off the cuff for a small problem when they have given good service the vast majority of the time.

If you are going to bash a retailer please make sure you supply full facts of what happened and say if you gave them a chance to rectify the problem.
It's very easy to go off the cuff for a small problem when they have given good service the vast majority of the time.

Consider yourself PM'd

No no Orfy and I are cool... thus the reason for the PM, some things dont have to be discussed in an open forum between friends.

I don't want this thread turning into a "me too" bashing thread like so may others do.
These treads can gather momentum very quickly and the BOLD post is designed to stand out amongst the others. So new poster can spot it and play nice.

I know you want SS, but I have to say that the brass from McMaster are awesome, they are CHEAP, high temp... and available!

I know you want SS, but I have to say that the brass from McMaster are awesome, they are CHEAP, high temp... and available!

You know, it is this freakin' "Pol's" fault I am using the brass stuff now! I spent over $110 on the polysulfone QD from Colder Products, and loved them until I tore 2 o-rings on the same brew day.
I decided to try the McMaster QD's and haven't turned back since. They are actually very nice and work GREAT! No leaks, easy to connect and disconnect with one hand. The P/Ns are:

6739K64 Sleeve-lock Coolant Hose Coupling, Socket, 1/2" Barb, Brass $6.47
6739K59 Sleeve-lock Coolant Hose Coupling, Plug, 1/2" MPT, Brass $1.93

Yeah, the friggin POL....

You can replace the WHOLE brass QD for the price of a replacement silicone O-ring almost. Leave it to me to steer you down the right path... :D

Yeah, the friggin POL....

You can replace the WHOLE brass QD for the price of a replacement silicone O-ring almost. Leave it to me to steer you down the right path... :D

hehehe! Yeah, you are right. Just don't tell anyone I said that!
I'll make you a great deal on a bunch of polysulfone QDs if you are interested....

hehehe! Yeah, you are right. Just don't tell anyone I said that!
I'll make you a great deal on a bunch of polysulfone QDs if you are interested....

Polysulfone???? That is like the metrosexual version of the QD... no thanks. I prefer metal! No "foo foo" QDs here!

The backorder date just slipped to 05/12/2009 on the stainless fittings according to the B3 site. I was going to pull the trigger on these but I'm not waiting for 3 months.

Yeah I have been waiting on mine since December, they also are jacking the price up on the female barbed disconnect.

Back