keggle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronwillen

Reaction score
I got a pony keg from the LHBS a few days back for like 15 bucks and did the conversion. I brewed in it on friday...however realized it needed a ball valve and such. Drilled my hole got a .5 inch bal valve and threaded piece along with a bolt type deal and a rubber gasket. I am a bit worried that rubber will degrade over time and it will get leaky. How do you guys seal these things typically..another idea I had was...just like a mashtun I was thinking of having a braided stainless hose in there to filter trub...anyone do this, or am I liable to clog that thing with trub?

Hey Aaronwillen, the simple solution is to have a 1/2" coupling welded into the wall of the keg. Make sure you find a good welder who can do sanitary welds!

I don't have a filter on mine. Pellet hops = no problems but whole leaf hops = I will never use whole leaf hops again.

Back