Morels and microbrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmcc75

Reaction score
Did anybody got to the morels and microbrews festival in Fulton this past saturday?

Sent from my LG-P870 using Home Brew mobile app

I'll get some morels in the kitchen in late March here in eastern KY. I never considered brewing with them..... I doubt I could even if I knew a way to do it. Morels don't last long in my house. They find themselves in a bed of corn meal and hot oil in quick order. Occasionally they have been dried and put in mason jars. Only to find a worse fate in heavy cream followed by the for-mentioned corn meal and hot oil.

But I do love my morels. Just when winter has gotten the best of everyone and spring peaks out, they are one of the first reminders that God wants us to live well, eat well, and enjoy the simple things in life.

Just bumping this to add some exciting news..

I was contacted a few months ago by teh owner of Beks here in Fulton about the idea of bringing homebrew to the Morel and Microbrew event.

He, another homebrewer and myself are moving forward in this direction. We would really like to grow this.

This first year I will be doing a 5 gallon brew demo along with having some samples, Lincoln will likely be doing a 1 gallon demo.

We are planning a peoples choice contest for any brewers who would like to participate.

I tried reaching out to the clubs in St. Louis and KC but have not yet gotten any response back.

Hopefully we can lay a groundwork to build on with more structured contests in future years.

Any input or participation greatly appreciated, as I admit it is a little bit daunting at this point.

Regardless it will be fun..

Who doesn't like Morels, Micro brews, and HOMBREW!

Any MO homebrew shops, I'd love to hear from you.

We will have flyers this week and I will send them out hoping for participation as well as adding a copy of the flyer to this thread.

I live in Fulton and would be interested in doing something with the homebrew portion of this. How would I go about getting linked up with it?

It's a yearly event. Lots of good beer to be had, and good music. Oh yeah and morels!

If you're on Facebook, look up the group Columbia Brewers.

As the name suggests, It's a group of homebrewers located in Columbia, MO.

I'm sorry to have not noticed the renewed posts.....the notifications were hitting my spam file.

As far as getting together for the homebrew portion, here was a preliminary flyer.

I am waiting for the final copy which I will update with.

I will update contact information within the week.....but I am as good a web contact as anyone.

PM me, or email me: gareth68 @ yahoo.

I will field any questions I can.

homebrew%203_zps8hy9cmqn.jpeg

Thanks for the tip.

I talked to several members of the facebook group at ITAP....I was having no luck finding it.

My google fu was weak.

Back