Hanging a co2 tank on a keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryk

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use a fire extinguisher hanging bracket to attach a 5lb tank to your keezer?

That's a good idea, I can't see any reason why that wouldn't work so long as it fully supports the valve assembly in the bracket.

Be careful how you attach that bracket to your keezer. Modern chest freezers are riddled with cold and hot side tubing buried between the exterior skin and the internal liner...

Cheers!

day_trippr said:
Be careful how you attach that bracket to your keezer. Modern chest freezers are riddled with cold and hot side tubing buried between the exterior skin and the internal liner...

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. I do not want a paper weight the size of a chest freezer right now. So I would plan to mount it to the collar. I just would like to know if there is anyone that has found a bracket that is less than 30$ that will work with a 5lb tank.

Thanks for the advice. I do not want a paper weight the size of a chest freezer right now. So I would plan to mount it to the collar. I just would like to know if there is anyone that has found a bracket that is less than 30$ that will work with a 5lb tank.

Check with some local recharge companies.

I am using a plastic fire extinguisher bracket to hold my 5 lb co2 cannister in my kegerator that I purchased in from Ebay several years ago. It is for a 10 lb extinguisher, but fits the co2 cannister perfectly.

This extinguisher appears to be the same as mine (center of page, model 3870v):
http://www.firesystemsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=352

I did not use the mounting holes on the back, instead mounting it to a shelf with screws through the base.

Hope this helps.

tomCT said:
I am using a plastic fire extinguisher bracket to hold my 5 lb co2 cannister in my kegerator that I purchased in from Ebay several years ago. It is for a 10 lb extinguisher, but fits the co2 cannister perfectly.

That looks like exactly what I am looking for but I was looking at the tank dimensions and mine says 5 1/2 in. and the bracket says 5 1/4 in. Are you using an aluminum or steel tank? If you are using an aluminum tank I think it will get it. Thanks.

I am using a 5 lb aluminum tank. Here are some photos - you can see how I am using the bracket. If in doubt, you could call and ask for the actual dimensions.

bracket2.jpg

bracket1.jpg

I was thinking about cutting a piece of PVC pipe that was large enough to fit the tank in and then attaching it to the keezer some how. If you can find the pipe somewhere you might only have a couple bucks in a cap.

That looks perfect for the tank. I think I will get it. I will send pics when it is done.

I was thinking about cutting a piece of PVC pipe that was large enough to fit the tank in and then attaching it to the keezer some how. If you can find the pipe somewhere you might only have a couple bucks in a cap.

When I built my kegerator I was looking for some type of end cap, just something to keep the tank from falling over. When I found the extinguisher bracket, it seemed like a good solution. Having castors on the kegerator, I do move it from time to time, so I had to have a mount of some sort to keep the co2 tank upright.

My Keezer is about 98% done and the tank bracket is perfect. Here are some pics.

image-568395403.jpg

image-1739518769.jpg

image-321926131.jpg

The regulator is on the inside. The hose is rated to 3000psi. I just did not want to buy another regulator to step down the pressure to do it again after it reached the inside.

Cool... that's what I figured you had done. I'll be doing something similar eventually. I want regulators for each drop. Then I can Force Carb and Maintain off the same tank.

Realize this is old but wondering where you (or anyone else) got the mount from? Looking to do the same thing to mine. Also, does it hold it well?

Thought about doing the same as well. Hold well? I have my keezer on wheels so it will be mobile-ish...

Thought about doing the same as well. Hold well? I have my keezer on wheels so it will be mobile-ish...

no idea on how sturdy it is. it was someone else's doing. looks okay? if you're moving it around much, maybe beef up the washers and the mounting of the wood block

Back