Anyone build a bar/man cave in a true basement?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elproducto

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With my expanding family (3 kids), my man cave is being taken over as the playroom/den, etc. We have a full sized basement which we use for storage/laundry, etc. It has cement floors, and very few windows and low ceilings. Was thinking of turning one corner of it into a man/cave/taproom. Anyone else done this? Dont' want to do major renos, but would like it reasonably comfortable.

With my expanding family (3 kids), my man cave is being taken over as the playroom/den, etc. We have a full sized basement which we use for storage/laundry, etc. It has cement floors, and very few windows and low ceilings. Was thinking of turning one corner of it into a man/cave/taproom. Anyone else done this? Dont' want to do major renos, but would like it reasonably comfortable.

This is what I've been working on. Good luck!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/bar-build-basement-overhaul-progress-tracker-164329/

They were all "true" basements at one point. If you want minimal work, Throw a large rug down, some furniture, a TV and build a simple bar.

My house was built in 1886, with all the rain we've had around here I'd need one of those floating Chaise lounges to sit down there. Sump pumps have been running overtime.

Back