The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Massholes, from the middle of the North Atlantic.

And when I say middle, I kinda mean, go to the very right hand edge of Newfoundland, Canada, jump off, and then cruise 250 miles due east. Then sit around on a boat in a fog bank hoping the icebergs melt before they get this far south. For two weeks. with a bunch of Massholes-M. (that's math and english combined, by the way!)

But it could be worse.

I could be helping PTN burn butts, dry out chicken, and make blackened pizza dough frizbees. without the appropriate permits, of course.

Just saying, no matter how bad your day can get, you could still get PTN'd, and that would just SUCK.

And what's with Poutine?? Squeaky rubbery cheese turds on fries with gravy? Really? Come on Canadians - first you put up with one state (county, province, region of disgust, whatever) still speaking French 200 years after losing the French/English war, and now you ruin perfectly good French fries, - oh wait, I get it - f'ing Canadians can't say no to anything, eh?

Plus, all the Canadians up here are way too helpful, friendly and kind. It's like being surrounded by a bunch of boy scouts trying to help you across the street, or girl scouts just trying to give you free cookies.

Uggh, can't wait to get back home and cut someone off on the highway to get a welcome home finger or two...........

And what's with Poutine?? Squeaky rubbery cheese turds on fries with gravy? Really? Come on Canadians - first you put up with one state (county, province, region of disgust, whatever) still speaking French 200 years after losing the French/English war, and now you ruin perfectly good French fries, - oh wait, I get it - f'ing Canadians can't say no to anything, eh?

Plus, all the Canadians up here are way too helpful, friendly and kind. It's like being surrounded by a bunch of boy scouts trying to help you across the street, or girl scouts just trying to give you free cookies.

Uggh, can't wait to get back home and cut someone off on the highway to get a welcome home finger or two...........

When we stopped in the Soo (Sault Ste Marie, Ontario for all of you who don't live by the Soo) for lunch one day, I saw on the menu: "Canada Plate" so I ordered it.

No lie, it was a couple of pieorgi, a bratwurst, and some French fries.

Weirdest combo, and I don't know what the "Canada" part of that could be.

When we stopped in the Soo (Sault Ste Marie, Ontario for all of you who don't live by the Soo) for lunch one day, I saw on the menu: "Canada Plate" so I ordered it.

Weirdest combo, and I don't know what the "Canada" part of that could be.

OH boy... pierogi and bratwurst. Be still my heart.

What's with you and the pierogi?

That is strange. No golumpki?

I guess there's a lot of polish communities on the St Lawrence River going back hundreds of years that then migrated west through the lakes. I always thought my grandparents came right off the boat because they and their friends mostly spoke polish. Come to find they came from communities that migrated from Canada south (mills) while others went west(lumber/train). The family has been up there for over 300 years.

Stonecat Cafe out in the Finger Lakes serves poutine with hand-cut fries, cheese curds, and duck gravy. I'm getting an erection just thinking about it.

OH boy... pierogi and bratwurst. Be still my heart.

What's with you and the pierogi?

I'm a carb-starved Polack. What can I say?

Eastern European+ low carb, wheat-free/sugar-free diet= dreams of pierogi.

I'd be like Bird and get an erection thinking about that, if I could.

Why would you want us to embrace social norms and mores? We're Massholes with a few wannabes thrown in for 'diversity'. We got AZ in AZ, the_bird in VerYork, Hoppy in the rain forest, Mort in Cow Hampshire, and Yoop in where ever the f it is she lives. Christ, if Yoop put on a burka we would look like the stage at a Clinton rally.

I say reject the social graces. Let's have some more talk about Yoops nips. I want pictures, and this time no damned kegs.

Jeez, Paul, if you are that desperate to see some nipples...

Coco Fore.JPG

Picked up 40 pounds of crawfish at Logan today, shipped in fresh overnight. Got 10 pounds of shrimp, 5# Andouille sausage, and a dozen lobster ready to go in the boil plus an assortment of corn, shrooms, potatoes, etc. Too bad I don't like any of you and didn't invite you. Me and my real friends will be having a great time while you guys sit at home in your Moms basement and feel all lonely. Losers.

Picked up 40 pounds of crawfish at Logan today, shipped in fresh overnight. Got 10 pounds of shrimp, 5# Andouille sausage, and a dozen lobster ready to go in the boil plus an assortment of corn, shrooms, potatoes, etc. Too bad I don't like any of you and didn't invite you. Me and my real friends will be having a great time while you guys sit at home in your Moms basement and feel all lonely. Losers.

What are your 'friends' gonna eat? Seems like you're only cooking enough for you...

Your "real friends". That makes, what? 3 people? Alice for sure, because she's so nice. Maybe two of Alice's friends?

Let's face it. We aren't much, but we're all you have.

We especially love you when you have lobster. And brisket. And beer.

Since you have beer much of the time, me love you much of the time.

Ok, limited time issue here.

As you can't buy oil-based exterior stain in MA any more and I'm fatally Old School, I have to make a run out to Brattleboro VT tomorrow to score a couple of cases of Cabot OVT.

But from Central MA that's a pretty decent ride on a nice day and the forecast for Saturday is favorable, so I'm taking the S4 on a ride with the Spousal Unit to make a day of it.

The question is, what's the best brew pub in Brattleboro these days?
A cursory Google shows there are at least few contenders - McNeil's, Flat Street and Whetstone, but are there any recommendations out in HBT land?

tia

Cheers! :mug:

Thot they stoped making OVT years ago

Cabot still sells it, but most of the NorthEast states now have VOC requirements that OVT can't meet without ending up pouring like peanut butter.
Vermont may be the only state around these parts that you can still buy it.
The store said they do a land-office business selling OVT to outta-Staters and particularly New Yorkers.

So after loading the trunk with cases of oil stain we ended up parking the car down town and touring on foot - Brattleboro is a very walkable place and the day was perfect for it.

Had a flight at McNeil's (a grotty place) but the pourer was pleasant enough.
About a dozen of their brews on tap, we did 3 ounce samples until I found two that I actually liked.
They had Sox In Two on the tube and the manager made it clear if I knew anything about last night's Fenway Abortion (I totally watched the game last night) I best keep it to myself.
Ohhhkaaayyy - "Check, please!" ;)

Then we walked down to the river's edge and had an excellent lunch at Whetstone with a few of their offerings.
Modern-ish facility with a deck hanging over the river, good crew working the place.
Gotta say the Hill Farmstead brews they had on tap were superior to their own, but they make a killer loaded burger - both thumbs up.

After chilling on their deck for awhile we walked back up the hill to Hermit Thrush Brewery.
They're in a rehabbed mill, don't do food, but they do a lot of off-the-path brews.
We had a seriously funky flight of their brews while chatting them up about what went in each (some of the styles were totally new to me) before carefully cruising home (lotsa troopers out today!)

All in all an effin' fabulous day.
Hope everyone out there had a good one, too...

Cheers! :mug:

Back