What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alien Amber Ale
Following BCBS, this is like water.
image.jpg

Peanut butter cups? Should be next to the register at the grocery.

You shouldn't need to trade for it. Should be all over the place in NC. It's way overpriced already without paying shipping. ;)

I haven't found it yet.

Wyler's Sugar-Free Cherry-Limeade powder in Culligan water. What? I have the Diabeetus...I can't drink beer ALL the time!

ForumRunner_20131212_224952.png

Does it get better with age?

Well Im only refrigerating aging them so.. but I really honestly think they have gotten a little bit better as Ive had them over time. But it could just be one of those beers that grow on me also, Im not big on it but for its abv and style I do like it more than average for shure. All I really know, is I just like sucks more, but its still a great substitute. And my opinion may not seem like **** to some.

Love that beer!! Just saw hairy eyeball tonight. Going to need to pick some suga up before its gone.

Same here. Just finished up my 32oz bottle of Sucks. Moved on to my Vanilla Bourbon Porter thats on tap. After abut 2 months its drinking REALLY nice. Going to have to chill on the keg so I can share with family on Xmas. Or not! :ban:

Big sigh of relief. Everything made it thru the flight safely. One of the ziplocs that one Bomb was in had a couple drops in it, could have been condensation, def didn't look like stout, but that one went right in the fridge anyway. Lost some of the extra long wax drips along the way, but they were excessive anyway.

Big sigh of relief. Everything made it thru the flight safely. One of the ziplocs that one Bomb was in had a couple drops in it, could have been condensation, def didn't look like stout, but that one went right in the fridge anyway. Lost some of the extra long wax drips along the way, but they were excessive anyway.

In a checked bag??

Was craving some coffee after dinner so I figured this one was suitable. First dance with a yeti and I think I'm definitely gonna have to track down more variations

I love the Yeti!

I'm having my slightly modified version of Denny Conn's Vanilla Bourbon Imperial Porter. Mine was 1.096-1.018.

:drunk:

It's going to make great Christmas presents.

BGBC said:
Yep, standard size roll aboard bag. 3 750s and 2 12 oz

Yeah, that's quite a bit. For their most recent trip down from Chicago, my parents packed 2-1.75L of vodka, 1-750 crown maple, 1-22oz bottle, 2-16oz cans and 2-12oz bottles of beer. All in one bag. They're crazy.

Yeah, that's quite a bit. For their most recent trip down from Chicago, my parents packed 2-1.75L of vodka, 1-750 crown maple, 1-22oz bottle, 2-16oz cans and 2-12oz bottles of beer. All in one bag. They're crazy.

Hope your parents know you can get vodka down here too. Probably the maple too

DisturbdChemist said:
Hope your parents know you can get vodka down here too. Probably the maple too

What? Really? ;)
My dad got it ridiculously cheap on sale at their local liquor store up there, so he brought them to have down here.

Third cup of Coff.

Prepping food for a tailgate for one of tonight's games. Going to be cold as all heck.

Leubega said:
Was craving some coffee after dinner so I figured this one was suitable. First dance with a yeti and I think I'm definitely gonna have to track down more variations
I like all the yetis, can't go wrong with em IMHO

Coffee

Car battery crapped out... The cold did her in... Holy crap car batteries are expensive!

Better than your thermostat crapping out. I'll be replacing mine in a few hours. It's still freezing in my garage.

The Alien imperial stout is a lot like water too. Even if its not following a BCBS.
I won a 3-month subscription to a craft beer club. I've always been curious about those and now I am no longer itching to join. This last shipment was at least halfway better in terms of higher gravity beers, but I feel as though overall, the beers are easily accessible, not ones I would have reached for normally, and just not worth their $38 a month pricing. I think that is what it runs, $38 a month. Seems a bit excessive for 12 beers that are likely about $2 a pop.

Not trying to sound like I am complaining, 36 free beers is 36 free beers. I shared about 1/2 with a couple people to spread the wealth and it was nice to win. I haven't really ever won anything before so it was really cool.

Ramble ramble ... I'm on the coffee...clearly. :D
Coffee ... but at least it is Friday! :ban: ... and only a half day at that! :rockin:
Yes! although my half day is turning into a full day of work shenanigans. I still have one beer I really want to buy you and get that out too. Of course, the poorly scheduled hair appointment at noon really throws things all awry. I gotta get my hair did tho. :fro:
Coffee

Car battery crapped out... The cold did her in... Holy crap car batteries are expensive!
I couldn't believe how much my last battery ran me. Of course, I try not to cheap out on batteries for my cars but still. I think it was upwards towards $100. :eek:

I won a 3-month subscription to a craft beer club. I've always been curious about those and now I am no longer itching to join. This last shipment was at least halfway better in terms of higher gravity beers, but I feel as though overall, the beers are easily accessible, not ones I would have reached for normally, and just not worth their $38 a month pricing. I think that is what it runs, $38 a month. Seems a bit excessive for 12 beers that are likely about $2 a pop.

Not trying to sound like I am complaining, 36 free beers is 36 free beers. I shared about 1/2 with a couple people to spread the wealth and it was nice to win. I haven't really ever won anything before so it was really cool.

Friends gave me a year's membership (every other month) in craft beer club a couple of years ago. Over the top generous and I was thankful for it, but you're right ... they don't tend to get the best beers. I think the best shipment I got was when half was Lakefront.

Ramble ramble ... I'm on the coffee...clearly. :D

Yes! although my half day is turning into a full day of work shenanigans. I still have one beer I really want to buy you and get that out too. Of course, the poorly scheduled hair appointment at noon really throws things all awry. I gotta get my hair did tho. :fro:

I couldn't believe how much my last battery ran me. Of course, I try not to cheap out on batteries for my cars but still. I think it was upwards towards $100. :eek:

Yea it looks like sams club is the cheapest... About $80 bucks and free installation

Friends gave me a year's membership (every other month) in craft beer club a couple of years ago. Over the top generous and I was thankful for it, but you're right ... they don't tend to get the best beers. I think the best shipment I got was when half was Lakefront.
That would have been rad to get Lakefront. I would never turn down a membership. There was only one beer I tried that I didn't care for, something from Florida.
Yea it looks like sams club is the cheapest... About $80 bucks and free installation
I think Auto Zone charged me $10 and I tipped the guy $5. Not sure if I had to, but I always feel weird.

Water. And I swear my dog is jumping on the bed right now. There is no other explanation for the noises coming from my bedroom.

Latest posts

Back