MD Summer brew day 08/15/2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My plans are usually good, follow through is sometimes a different story. The wife is out of town this week with the kid, so I should have some time to actually make the calls.

I can be on IM, I just never use it. Whats you username?

I can bring my kettle and burner. I will have the pump too since I fell in love with recirculating during the chill. Knocks the temp down way faster.

claphamsa on aim and gmail :)

ok cool on your stuff! I have a friend who im trying to get more into brewing, so i can use my **** to do 10 G with him :)

so i guess we could try to make a list of people who will be coming... but dont have a brew plnned, so we can get people matched up.. or not!

so i can use my **** to do 10 G with him :)

Don't you mean Mike and Alan's keggle?

so i guess we could try to make a list of people who will be coming... but dont have a brew plnned, so we can get people matched up.. or not!

I don't think I panned anything yet. If I did please remind me. I would be interested in doing:
IPA
IIPA
Stout
Arrogant Bastard clone
and im open to suggestions.

Wow, you guys didn't need to make it so obvious that no one likes me :(

Oh well screw it, ya'll can go to hell!!!! :D

Wow, this thread isn't getting much action for being 3 weeks from brweday. If anyone needs grains or hops let me know.

Maybe things are getting lost in the random OT posts by clap to pad his post count?

21 pages, and maybe 20-30 posts of definitive information about the brewday.

Want to start a new thread dedicated to ONLY brewday topic?

Hey Mike, I may be down for a stout. I am brewing the Flanders that Stefin and I are splitting, but if you want to do the stout on your gear, I have a tested and true recipe, and a starter of WLP004 going. I was going to use the 004 for an Irish Red, which I think I would rather have than the stout, but let me know.

Hey Mike, I may be down for a stout. I am brewing the Flanders that Stefin and I are splitting, but if you want to do the stout on your gear, I have a tested and true recipe, and a starter of WLP004 going. I was going to use the 004 for an Irish Red, which I think I would rather have than the stout, but let me know.

Yeah, i'd be down for that. If you would prefer to do the red though just go ahead and do that. What kind of stout is it? We could mash with my stuff but I can't boil a double batch.

there is no time lmit on brew day.... you just have to be soberer! and ben said people could use his stuff.... just that its in fredrick

Maybe things are getting lost in the random OT posts by clap to pad his post count?

21 pages, and maybe 20-30 posts of definitive information about the brewday.

Want to start a new thread dedicated to ONLY brewday topic?

:D
So true about this thread, but I won't complain. Gives me easy fuel to make it to senior member long before I've earned the title.

OK - could someone please summarize the big questions for me from this long and rambling thread... props to Clap for his contributions! ;)

Where?
When?
What are you good folks brewing?
Is anyone looking for a brew partner? I have an extract-only (like myself) co-worker who may want to split 10 gallons.

Oh, one more question I forgot. Why?

As you were.

just a question.... figuring it would take us 2-3 months to organize a new grain buy... is it time yet?

I would say no splitting bags (unless you do it on your own!) and small handling fee should be added for whoever does the work! (even if its only like 10$)

Latest posts

Back