Advise on antique soda fountain faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpickett

Reaction score
This is my first time even thinking about having any type of soda dispensing system. Yesterday a customer of mine gave me a vintage two faucet drop in system. One for water and the other for soda water. As of now I have only found pics of the unit and a couple of places that sell parts. I cannot find any identification of who made them. I have found that it can make folks sick if you use brass or copper fittings on the soda side of a system. I am basically just wanting a Cornelius keg full of soda plumbed to these faucets. But the last thing I want to do is make my family and friends sick or kill them. My question is. Are these safe to use as described above or just something cool to look at. The look to be brass around the threaded bases. But as far as I can see without disassembling them they are chromed or zinc plated inside and out.

Hope this pic helps

F327DEAD-D91B-4549-B489-5D410B00B6F7-4291-000004A13A3F6CE6.jpg

CBA796E8-8EB2-405C-A5F8-F070272536DD-4291-000004A136BED366.jpg

Back