time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are over-thinking this one. :cross:

Next hint: It's a Red, White, & Blue version of a Red, White, & Blue Beer, ironically though... the name begins with Orange, White, & Green. Don't think tall, think wide. ;)

American IPA!

nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_flute-s240x320-227191.jpg

Sorry, something came up and I didn't have the opportunity to drink OR post. I do have one I want to do though, so I'll get it up ASAP.

Sorry for the delay... here it is.

beer20.jpg

I've used this glass for many of the beers I've posted here, but this time it's actually the proper one!

dankev said:
Looks like a bitter on a foggy day in London.

Nope.

It's a [redacted] on an admittedly rainy, foggy day, but indoors with a phone camera under bad fluorescent lighting... in Canada.

BTW... just for everybody's information, I'm looking for as specific an answer as I can get. If the "style" you name includes, but is not limited to, the specific style pictured, I'm not going to accept it.

Reminds me of a Samuel Smith glass but definitely not one of their stouts. Can't recall ever pouring their lager (always liked the heft of their bottles for drinking) but I'm going to go with Organic Lager.

emjay said:
Did you miss the clue, or do you really have no idea of what you're looking at?

I really don't know. It looks like a weissbier glass but shorter.

Geeze if I wanted another abusive relationship I'd take back my ex-wife :mug:

Consolation guess:
Vienna Lager

Yeah I don't think it was the glass itself... more like what's on it.

Here's the clue you missed ;)

38093d1320904960-time-play-can-you-name-style-pictures-game-beer20.jpg

ss_selbox.gif

I have one of "them there" Oatmeal Stouts in the fridge. I just might crack that bastard later tonight... mmmm stouty.

I'll finish out the category with "special" bitter.

P.s. in my knowledge that glass is a "pub pint" glass... Which means English beer.

All wrong. But a couple are on the right track :D

I don't think this style has been used before, btw.

It's beer

And no.

I will add, it's not a BJCP style on it's own, but is considered part of a broader style (which IS a BJCP style). It's even specifically mentioned in the guidelines for that broader BJCP style.

emjay said:
It's beer

And no.

I will add, it's not a BJCP style on it's own, but the pictured style is not just considered part of a broader style which IS a BJCP style, but it's even specifically mentioned in the guidelines for the broader BJCP style.

This comment is especially revealing, and is typical of, but not always reminiscent to other comments made by emjay not only in this thread but in other threads showing certain similarities to this thread. :drunk:

Back