how do i pasteurize fruit puree?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddagger

Reaction score
well my beer is fermenting as i type .. i threw in 1.5 pounds of raspberry puree.

and when it comes time to put into the secondary i need to add a nother 1.5 pounds of puree(wich is frozen right now) or i might go buy some frozen raspberries ... now how should i pasteurize it?

I never pasteurize...just pull it out of the freezer and let it warm back up to room temp (granted they are in a sealed bag) and then just rack on top. Never had an infection.

I've always pasteurized. Never know what is on the fruit. Heat in a little water to about 150 F and hold for about 15 minutes.

C'mon...I'm not the only person that does this. I have had issues with pectin off flavors when attempting to pasteurize...now I never pasteurize. Whatever works for you brotha from anotha mutha!

well when i bought it it was in a can.. then i put half the puree in the primary . then i put the other half in 2 plastic bags and froze it up

Back