Speed Beer Choice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LooyvilleLarry

Reaction score
I have a party in about 15 days that has dramatically grown in size. Like 3x !

So, I thought I'd brew some more yummy beer.

My top 3, given the time frame, are

BM 10dr and Done ( Mild )
EdWort's Haus Ale
BM Centennial Blonde.

These will be force carbed @ 40.

Other than the 10dr and done, opinions on the other two being drinkable by others in that time ? (Yes, I've read the sticky ).

I've done Ed's Haus in that amount of time.10 days in primary, cold crashed for 2 days, 2 days carb at 30, then dropped to 12 to serve. Haven't had any issues with it tasted great plus nice and clear.

I would recommend a few cases of Coors, and a few 6 packs of Rogue, Stone, and New Belguim.
Perhaps you could throw in a few 12 packs of PBR.

Seriously...you CAN get a heffe, or a Mild together, but those have never proven to be a huge croud pleaser in my circles.

You can get an APA or an American Wheat ready in that amount of time. They'll still be green, but they'll be beer. :mug:

Pitch a BIG yeast starter, twice as much as you normally do. This will make sure that the ferment takes off and gets the attenuation done in a few days, which will leave the rest of the time for cleaning up diacetal, etc.

+1 on the wheat, that guy is made for fresh drinking. Hoppier beers are going to be a little green (excuse the pun) by that time, but the lower abv english milds and scottish 60/- might be good enough.

I brewed EdWort's Haus Pale on 11/7 and served it on Thanksgiving, and everyone was very pleased with it. It was my first AG, to boot and bottled, not kegged.

.02 from a newbie.

Cascadie

I brewed EdWort's Haus Pale on 11/7 and served it on Thanksgiving, and everyone was very pleased with it. It was my first AG, to boot and bottled, not kegged.

.02 from a newbie.

Cascadie

Hopefully you have some left, that way you can see in a couple of weeks how much better that beer will become with the appropriate time to age...

Back