A little help, this keg is heavy!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
I was just handed 6 of those 5 liter party kegs, and was wondering if there is a C02 attachment for pressurizing? I have used the kegs already for my latest beer, and found out I overprimed the beer before kegging. :drunk: That means this batch is self-carbonated, and I gotta keep an eye on it, but I would like to C02 carb the next batch I dump in there. So a bit of help please...BTW, I do have a pump that was donated with the kegs, so I can get the beer out. I guess I could just pop the top and get a straw....:fro: :rockin:

If you're talking about this type of 5-liter party keg then it should come with its own built-in tap. There is also an accessory connection that will allow a keg charger to be connected to it. Be warned, some have a tendency to leak.

Good luck,
Wild

I have about 15 minikegs with the built in tap. There's a special bung for them where you just turn the "knob" and it allows air to enter. It's a gravity feed tap.

You'll need a real tap for the others. The bung should have a hard plastic center that gets pushed out (into the keg) when you push the "draw straw" into the keg. Be sure to lubricate the straw with water prior to using. It'll slide in better.:D

NO. All the kegs get primed with 1 tablespoon (TBS) of corn sugar. I have gone as many as 3 TBS. Depends on the carb level you are trying to achieve.

The sugar makes the carbonation and the CO2 dispenses it from the keg.

Back