where to fill up my co2 tank Manhattan ks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noblebrew

Reaction score
Like the title says I'm looking for a place to fill up a co2 tank in the Manhattan area. I went to mathersen (sp) and besides wanting 100 dollars for a tank (I have yet to purchase one) they said they only do exchanges and will only take a certain brands of tanks.

So what other options do I have? I am willing to drive a fair distance to get what I want.

I was looking at this tank that way I don't have to fill up as often. http://www.bvrgelements.com/product/Steel-20-lb-CO2-Tank-recertified/

Check with:

Paintball supply places
Sporting goods places
Medical oxygen places
Welding supply places
Hardware stores

I live in Manhattan as well. Were you able to find anything in Manhattan? I saw that you said JC, but i was kind of hoping for something close by. I think that I will run down to Tallgrass and see what they know or can do.

Jeff, the owner, told me to go to Linweld. That is where they get their co2. He told me that they exchange 5 lb. containers. Unfortunately, they close at noon, and the FedEx guy hasn't gotten to my house yet.

I bought a CO2 tank at Harbor Freight in Topeka, and had it filled at Drop Zone(a paintball store) a few years ago. Probably not open on sunday, though.

Well, from what I have been able to find out (on the weekend), there are a few places that we can use for CO2. Mike's fire ex. in JC, (there is also one in Manhattan, but I have not been able to contact them), Linweld/Matheson (recommended by Tallgrass' owner), and the Foxhole (a paintball field in JC that can only fill on sundays). Maybe I should open a store in my house that just fills CO2 cans. There's probably too much regulation...

+1 for the Matheson-Linweld store on Hwy 24. Just exchanged my 15 year old 20lb coca-cola tank for just $30. Time to go plug my beer back in!

Matheson is definitely the place to go. It's right in town and the people there are good.

Agreed, go to matheson, just be prepared to swap your tank...They do not fill. If you don't own a tank yet, I suggest either a 10 or 20lb. The 5, 10 and 20 are about the same price to swap.

I live in CT and recently swapped a steel CO2 tank for an aluminum tank, filled, at Airgas in North Haven for about $20. I googled Airgas NY and there's one in Queens and one in the Bronx. Good luck!

Wow, Manhattan, Kansas...I actually know people from there.

Know people from Manhattan, NY too.

HumbleHops, they are WAY different places! ;-)

Back