Looking for the EPICS. Tree House, Toppling Goliath

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LichtS

Reaction score
I've been reading and watching some crazy reviews on the IPAs and other styles coming out of Tree House and Toppling Goliath.

I am looking for Julius, Green, Haze - anything to try from Tree House

Also looking for some things out of Toppling Goliath.

I don't have access to these in MI, hence the interest. Willing to swap! Let me know what you have and what I can try to provide....

:mug:

I've been reading and watching some crazy reviews on the IPAs and other styles coming out of Tree House and Toppling Goliath.

I am looking for Julius, Green, Haze - anything to try from Tree House

Also looking for some things out of Toppling Goliath.

I don't have access to these in MI, hence the interest. Willing to swap! Let me know what you have and what I can try to provide....

:mug:

You should be able to easily trade any of the Schramm's meads for those $4$.

Not looking, but I did trade for some Julius and Green earlier this month (last canning) and all I got to say is don't waste your time with those two beers. This was my second time trying them this year and they were both hugely disappointing each time. Flavor wise, both have little definable hop character, just a generic grassy-vegetable thing, with a very astringent/yeasty finish. Your better off trading for any of the Lawson's IPA's or some of the new Grimm stuff out of Brooklyn. Don't believe the hype...

I really cannot stand and don't buy IPA's as a rule, but Schramm's(yes in ferndale) and Khunhenn offerings should be able to pull these. Perrin - No rules should also trade very well. If you can ever get Schramm's Black Agnes, Erik the Red, Madeline or any of the other super limited releases such as Heart of Darkness, Statement Reserve you should pick them up. Those trade like gold. You may need to try other venues for trading such as facebook or reddit as well.

What are you looking for from TG?

Not looking, but I did trade for some Julius and Green earlier this month (last canning) and all I got to say is don't waste your time with those two beers. This was my second time trying them this year and they were both hugely disappointing each time. Flavor wise, both have little definable hop character, just a generic grassy-vegetable thing, with a very astringent/yeasty finish. Your better off trading for any of the Lawson's IPA's or some of the new Grimm stuff out of Brooklyn. Don't believe the hype...

Really! Well, I will have to look in to some other options. I saw Grimm in Brooklyn and they interest me - so does Lawson's and Trillium. I also have wanted to try 3 Floyds.

I really cannot stand and don't buy IPA's as a rule, but Schramm's(yes in ferndale) and Khunhenn offerings should be able to pull these. Perrin - No rules should also trade very well. If you can ever get Schramm's Black Agnes, Erik the Red, Madeline or any of the other super limited releases such as Heart of Darkness, Statement Reserve you should pick them up. Those trade like gold. You may need to try other venues for trading such as facebook or reddit as well.

What are you looking for from TG?

I am very good friends with the owner's of Kuhnhenn, so I likely can get anything from them. I am sure I can take a drive over to Schramm's and B. Nektar also. I will look into facebook and reddit for other trading options.

I would love to try Morning Delight, Assassin, Pseudo Sue, Sosus, really anything. I don't have access to what seems hot these days, and merely would like to try some new things. I enjoy big flavors - not necessarily only big hoppy beers.

I enjoy coffee stouts, imperial stouts, IPA's, DIPAs, and the occasional lager or wheat. :mug:

Really! Well, I will have to look in to some other options. I saw Grimm in Brooklyn and they interest me - so does Lawson's and Trillium. I also have wanted to try 3 Floyds.

I am very good friends with the owner's of Kuhnhenn, so I likely can get anything from them. I am sure I can take a drive over to Schramm's and B. Nektar also. I will look into facebook and reddit for other trading options.

I would love to try Morning Delight, Assassin, Pseudo Sue, Sosus, really anything. I don't have access to what seems hot these days, and merely would like to try some new things. I enjoy big flavors - not necessarily only big hoppy beers.

I enjoy coffee stouts, imperial stouts, IPA's, DIPAs, and the occasional lager or wheat. :mug:

MD, and Assassin would probably take multiple rare offerings from Schramm's or Kuhnhenn, the right person and a good deal of luck. The others should be easy. If you can get Kkuhnhenn Bourbon Barrel French Toast, hit me up. I would make it worth your while.

I could not more wholeheartedly disagree with your statement. Treehouse Alter Ego, Julius, and Green are among the best IPA's I've ever had (and I drink a ton of them). Sip of Sunshine is fantastic - no arguments there, but Treehouse is one of the best breweries in the country at the moment. Beyond the IPA's, their stouts (That's What She Said, Good Morning, etc) are amazing.

To the OP - you should definitely still seek these out and decide for yourself. I'm not always into the hype game and often times things don't live up to it, but Treehouse definitely does.

In my opinion, the only other brewery in MA that is better is Trillium. They are my favorite.

In NY, Grimm is great and also Other Half. Both are big in demand for trades.

The beauty of having an opinion is we are each entitled to our own. That said, my opinion of Treehouse, specifically the two you mentioned, is the polar opposite of yours. :mug:
Lawson's make wonderful beer. Grimm is a gypsy brewer who have been absolutely killing it lately, again just one beer nerds opinion!

The beauty of having an opinion is we are each entitled to our own. That said, my opinion of Treehouse, specifically the two you mentioned, is the polar opposite of yours. :mug:
Lawson's make wonderful beer. Grimm is a gypsy brewer who have been absolutely killing it lately, again just one beer nerds opinion!

Grimm is in Belgium right now I think... Brewing with Fathome? My gf keeps tabs on that couple as if she was friends with them. She's a total fangirl.

Trillium > Treehouse, in my opinion... again, these are merely opinions.

Grimm is in Belgium right now I think... Brewing with Fathome? My gf keeps tabs on that couple as if she was friends with them. She's a total fangirl.

Trillium > Treehouse, in my opinion... again, these are merely opinions.
Haven't had the pleasure of drinking any Trillium to date although everything I read suggests that they're making fantastic beer.
I was able to get cans of the OtherHalf/Trillium collab Street Green which is very good.

Haven't had the pleasure of drinking any Trillium to date although everything I read suggests that they're making fantastic beer.
I was able to get cans of the OtherHalf/Trillium collab Street Green which is very good.

I had green street, was also very good.

Trillium is definitely killing it. Honestly, my favorite beer to date from them has been a stout. And the stouts stick around much longer than the IPAs/DIPAs... and I'm okay with that.

PM Dawn was the name. Chocolate milshake status, brewed with coffee from across the street.

I had green street, was also very good.

Trillium is definitely killing it. Honestly, my favorite beer to date from them has been a stout. And the stouts stick around much longer than the IPAs/DIPAs... and I'm okay with that.

PM Dawn was the name. Chocolate milshake status, brewed with coffee from across the street.
As much as I love fresh IPA's I've always been more of a porter/stout man myself. I drink them all year round ..season be damned!

I could not more wholeheartedly disagree with your statement. Treehouse Alter Ego, Julius, and Green are among the best IPA's I've ever had (and I drink a ton of them). Sip of Sunshine is fantastic - no arguments there, but Treehouse is one of the best breweries in the country at the moment. Beyond the IPA's, their stouts (That's What She Said, Good Morning, etc) are amazing.

To the OP - you should definitely still seek these out and decide for yourself. I'm not always into the hype game and often times things don't live up to it, but Treehouse definitely does.

In my opinion, the only other brewery in MA that is better is Trillium. They are my favorite.

In NY, Grimm is great and also Other Half. Both are big in demand for trades.

Thank you for the response! I will continue to look out and trade for these. I have HUGE interest in Trillium and am desperately seeking someone to pick me up some Grimm. I have high hopes!

As much as I love fresh IPA's I've always been more of a porter/stout man myself. I drink them all year round ..season be damned!

I really just want to try new things. The last swap I told someone to just surprise me with what they like. I enjoy trying new flavors and styles from other parts of the country. I love hoppy beers, and beers with HUGE amounts of flavor - of any style.

I am a huge fan of Stouts and Porters. Just picked up some Arcadia Shipwreck Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter and some Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza. I love this time of year for stouts and porters!

Back