Filter on CFC pickup tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broadbill

Reaction score
Hi

I used my new Checyo's DIY counterflow chiller a couple of days ago and could not be happier with it's performance.

Quick question for those who use a CFC. To siphon from my kettle to my CFC inlet I'm using a length of 3/8" braided vinyl tubing snaked down the sidewall of the kettle to pull the wort off of the cone of hotbreak sitting at the bottom of the kettle. I originally planned to use a copper racking cane but could not get a good syphon using that so I went with the braided tube alone. No problems there.

I bought copper scrubbies to attach to the end of the vinyl tube to filter any hotbreak/hops so it does not clog the CFC. However, I could not figure out a way to attach it to the end of the pickup tube. It turns out I didn't need the filter this time around, but how do you attach a filter/copper scrubbie to the end of this tube?

Thanks!

While I can't answer your question directly (orfy probably can)...

I made one of these. No need to attach a filter to the pickup tube.

I don't filter either and I use a 1/2" copper dip tube.

5408-whirlpool_result.jpg

Back