Tri-clover sight glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Any one know if there in much difference between a 2" TC sight gauge and a 1-1/2 TC sight gauge besides the size of the clamp fitting? Im wondering if I can take the sight gauge apart and put the 2" end on one side and the 1-1/2" on the other.

Id like to make a yeast harvester like the one More beer sells, I already have the reducer and a 1-1/2" sight glass, as well as a cap with corny keg post, so all I would need would be a 2" sight gauge.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/11074/103723/Ultimate_Yeast_Harvester

I have one of each from brewershardware. The 2" is bigger width. You cannot put the 2" on the 1.5" tube. I used a sight glass for a yeast harvester as well but changed. I start with the sight glass to know when to drop trub. Then I take it off and just dump from the bottom port into sterilized mason jars. Way more yeast is produced than what will fit into a sight tube.

Dude Thanks! thats a great idea. I was initially just going to dump the yeast in to a sanitized 1L flask...then I thought I could build a yeast harvester form equipment I all ready have...now Im going to do as you do! thanks.

Back