D-rest in common beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarleyWater

Reaction score
I've got my first lager slowing down in the primary and was wondering if I actually needed to do a diacetyl rest. I am easing my way into lagering, and am not really making a steam beer, (the recipe is actually in my recipes list, wanderlust), but I am using WYeast 2112 (Cali Commer Yeast).

Since it ferments at higher temps, mine's around 55, than most lagers, is a d-rest really necessary? If so, it's probably nearing that time, but I'mm not sure if I really need one, just wanted to get some opinions.

Id do a D rest... why not? It assures complete attenuation and cleans up some junk... all you have to do is turn your temp controller up for a few days, then back down to lager. Id do it

Sorry Denny, I appreciate your reply. One of the only other one's up at this un-godly hour :tank: Sounds like a d-rest is in my future.

I was just refering to the fact that I only had 19 people read it after a day and it was in need of a bump.

i did one but it didnt work, i dont think i let the beer warm up to over 60 as said above. and let me tell you the beer tastes like s$#@# LOL

Back