What should I blend with this beer to make it drinkable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bessieflames

Reaction score
So I have a 5 gallon keg of beer that went a little wrong. It was supposed to be a sessionable light belgian. I used 3787 Trappist High Gravity yeast (big mistake) and now I have a really light, low IBU beer that is overwhelmingly belgian-y. I was thinking about brewing a beer that could compliment it and mix the two together. I was thinking about an IPA or a Black IPA. Any thoughts?

bessieflames said:
That's what I was thinking. Ukiah, huh? I grew up over the hill in Boonville.

I love Boonville. Don't make it over there much but I will make the drive for Libbys mexican restaurant in Philo. It's funny, I haven't seen anyone on here from northern California until the last week or so, and now they're popping up everywhere.

I make a 100+IBU Belgian IPA using the HG Trappist Ale yeast. That yeast can stand up to a lot of hops and still be amazing! I've won awards with my Mad Monk recipe. Go big and blend it, I think you'll like it.

I love Boonville. Don't make it over there much but I will make the drive for Libbys mexican restaurant in Philo. It's funny, I haven't seen anyone on here from northern California until the last week or so, and now they're popping up everywhere.

Hey.. waddabout me???? I've been here. Heck, I'd even consider driving up there to say hi to Dennis.. Now that i know about the mex restaurant.. if it's good.. double good. Heck, I wouldn't mind meeting you too.. grin

HbgBill said:
Hey.. waddabout me???? I've been here. Heck, I'd even consider driving up there to say hi to Dennis.. Now that i know about the mex restaurant.. if it's good.. double good. Heck, I wouldn't mind meeting you too.. grin

I'm pretty confident we'll run into each other in the near future.. I was actually including you in the people I've met recently. Yesterday I was giving away some hops via the pay it forward thread, and the guy who snagged my hops gave me his address - Rohnert Park. :cross:

Back