Research

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DraconianHand

nudge, nudge, wink, wink
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The local mega-spirits shop (Corridor Wine and Spirits in Laurel, MD, for those close by) has a "make your own 6-pack" section, so I decided to do a little research. I tried to get one of every style available and then picked up those beers I had heard of on the forum or on podcasts. This was probably the most expensive case and a quarter I have ever purchased. :rockin:

8349-DSCN1032.JPG

8349-DSCN1031.JPG

On display:

Avery Brewing - White Rascal Belgian-Style Wheat Ale, The Beast Grand Cru Ale, 14'ER E.S.B.
Brooklyn Brand Brown Ale
Chimay - Peres Trappistes Ale, Tripel
Cuvee - Angelique Abbey Style Belgian Ale, Cuvee Diabolique Belgian Golden Ale
Dogfish Head - World Wide Stout, 120 Minue IPA, Raison D'Etre, 90 Minute IPA
Erdinger Hefe-Weizen Dark
Hoegaarden Witbier-biere blanche
Lancaster Brewing Company Milk Stout
Magic Hat - Blind Faith IPA, Circus Boy Hefeweizen
McEwan's Scotch Ale
North Coast Brewing Company Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Pennsylvania Brewing Company Penn Pilsner
Pyramid Hefe Weizen
Rogue - Dead Guy Ale, Mocha Porter
Samuel Smith's - Oatmeal Stout, Imperial Stout, Nut Brown Ale
Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot Barley Wine, Stout
Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock
Stoudts - Blonde Double Mai Bock, Double IPA
Victory - Storm King Imperial Stout, Golden Monkey Tripel Ale
Westmalle Trappist Tripel Ale
Weyerbacher - Blithering Idiot Barley Wine, Insanity Oak Aged Ale, Double Simcoe IPA, Merry Monks Belgian Style Golden Ale
Wychwood Fiddler's Elbow

Looks good! Now you've got to post a poll so we can all vote on which one you drink first. :fro:

Then of course, you need to tell us your impressions of all those beers! There's nothing like a week of dedicated taste testing to help you figure out the flavors you love.

Scary how many of those I've tried.

Take good notes, the report is due Tuesday morning.

check out ratebeer.com, i got about 200 or so under my belt. mostly great selections, not many I haven't tried

you got some good one's there. Victory never dissapoints, and Avery is pretty good, I like the golden monkey. You should check out some of the other North Coasts too, I love their brewery. I would have to pick the 90 min over the 120 min from DFH, and we all know Chimay Blue is awesome. I got a Sam Smiths Taddy Porter inspired brew in secondary right now, I hate re-using their bottles because they're just a little too tall for most boxes. If you can get it, Great Divide is maybe my favorite brewery, try their Hercules if you can.

david_42 said:
Take good notes, the report is due Tuesday morning.

No report this Tuesday, getting ready to go on vacation. Heading to the Virgin Islands for 10 days. Hoping to try some local beer there. That report might be a bit more exciting than the report on my stash.

Thanks for the info and tip on ratebeer.com, Ilikestuff.

I can't wait to hear about your adventure in mix-n-match. I see a few of my personal favorites in there, but I'll withold my opinions here so you can form your own.

Great find!

Have a great trip!

Holy cow, talk about a big bill at the beer store. some of those beers run about 7 or 8 bucks a peice. Let us know how it turns out along with how the beers in the VI are.
Cheers

Back