First step in dishwasher.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
Can I put some first step sanitizer in the dishwasher with my bottles?? I usually don't put anything in it when I wash them because my dishwasher automatically sanitizes them when its on dry.:confused:

lets see here, the first step is to remove all traces of cheese, eggs, etc off of the dishes prior to inserting into the dishwasher unless you want it all to get burned on... then the only way to get that crap off is a steam cleaner! oh, you meant for cleaning bottles? the simplest method i have found is to THOROUGHLY rinse after pouring the beer, drain upside down until dry. when ready to use, soak in starsan solution in a 5gal bucket. as they get used put a few more in. never had an infected bottle (longest i held onto a bottle was 8 months!)...

(longest i held onto a bottle was 8 months!)...

wow is that a world record? did your hand get sore? was it hard to put on a button up shirt? did you tape your hand around and the bottle as to not drop it when you slept?

leave the door open an inch....:ban: :ban: :ban:

Haha, I dont know about putting it in the dishwasher. When I read the subject I initially thought "Why would he want to climb into his dishwasher?"

I think you would be OK, I use sanitizer in the dishwasher with no problem. Make sure you dont put too much in, that is when you will have a problem with bubbles

wow is that a world record? did your hand get sore? was it hard to put on a button up shirt? did you tape your hand around and the bottle as to not drop it when you slept?

leave the door open an inch....:ban: :ban: :ban:

for your information: my foot tastes gggggggrrrrrrrrrr-ate! :mug:

i was trying to illustrate the thus far soundness of my sanitary-madness. it's friggin hard to not drink those lonely bottles!

Back