Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe...you taped the booty band show on 6-10-06!!!!!

I first met Al (bass/trombone) back at Shakori in 2004....we hit it off great, and every time I'm at one of their shows, he seeks me out.....I've been preaching to them about etree and live trading ever since, and it's great to see that their shows are available on the archive.....

they've got an album out now and have an album release party here in wilmington, next saturday......wish that I had the gear to record - hopefully someone else will be there to do just that.....

I jam to Music Choice channel 411 (Rock). That channel is more amazing than i can describe.. and the service is free with most digital cable packages. They play great rock and so many bands Ive never heard of before.

Anyways Yea I crank that stuff up, grab a HB and head bang while my wort boils.

Hippiefreak said:
well, I got my 10 gallon coolers, and associated false bottom/valve hardware today...my first all-grain batch is goin on right now!!!!!!

So, to celebrate - I've got a mix of jerry (garcia), some acoustic Dead, David Grisman, and some Yonder Mountain String Band.....love to annoy the campers with YMSB at night ;)

woooohooo!!!!!

Hippie
http://db.etree.org/chorner

About 7 years ago went to a festival called the Smokin Seafood festival at Nelson ledges in NE Ohio with my soon to be SWMBO. An old rock quarry with a stage on a sand beach. Amish country, cliff diving, fishing, and leftover Salmon as the "headliner". YMSB was there & I told my Girl "We're gonna here about these guys for a long time!!" Have you heard such a skinny little reed of a man belt out a baritone? I'm glad they're doing well. Can't wait to catch em again. :)

Obviously, music is necessary for brewing.

I listen to a strict died of AMON AMARTH viking metal when I'm brewing to give my beers that extra bite.

What does HBT listen to whilst brewing?

ps: how do you spell druck?

Amon Amarth.... nice.

Any type of metal works with brewing for me. I'll switch it from thrash and black metal, usually, but anything will work.

Tankard is fun to listen to while brewing... nice to hear a band sing about beer while I'm brewing beer.

I listen to a variety of things. I have a 4 disc changer and during my last session it was loaded with Justin Townes Earle, Hank Williams III, Waylon Jennings and Junior Brown

A firend usually comes over while I brew, and our musical tastes vary greatly. I'd listen to Van Halen and stuff of that ilk. He would listen to some old country western/gospel, or even worse, maybe even bagpipe!!

We just usually chit chat. Once I get AG set up, and my other friend comes up to brew with me, then we might put on some 70s-80s rock or something unusual that we haven't heard much of, just to see what it's like.

Squizz/The System or shuffle on iPod, or I have the 'Maynard' playlist....Tool and A Perfect Circle

I will listen to the FM Radio too! (shocker) even BBC's Radio One online, and from time to time, bust out an old mix tape, yes cassette of something!!!

Obviously, music is necessary for brewing.

I listen to a strict died of AMON AMARTH viking metal when I'm brewing to give my beers that extra bite.

What does HBT listen to whilst brewing?

ps: how do you spell druck?

Techno Viking says F**K VIKING METAL !!

techno-viking.jpg

Ethel on XM gets me by.I'm actually outside doing a double IPA watching Voyage to the bottom of the sea.:rockin:

For a while, the only source of music in my brew area was a cassette player, so I listened to the only two tapes I owned: Meat Puppets II, and They Might Be Giants' Lincoln. Now I have a much broader library available, but sometimes I still jam to the cassettes for nostalgia's sake.

Techno Viking says F**K VIKING METAL !!

techno-viking.jpg

Ethel on XM gets me by.I'm actually outside doing a double IPA watching Voyage to the bottom of the sea.:rockin:

Hey, he's not a Viking. With Nordic standards, he'd most likely be ranked after "the skinny anemic girl in the iron lung", when selecting teammates in athletics class...:cool:

H

I range from blues, Rockabilly, Irish, Folk, Metal, Rock and beer talk radio. Though my favorites would have to include Flogging Molly, Dropkick, The Skels, The Tossers, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Pinetop Perkins, Albert Collins and King, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Helloween, Iced Earth, CCR, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Zeppelin, The Who, "The Man In Black" JOhnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Waylon Jennings, The Stray Cats, The Reverend Horton Heat, and The Brewing Network. In no particular order.:D

I;m going to say recenlty harold & kumar 2 soundtract
1. Ooh Wee Mark Ronson featuring Nate Dogg, Ghostface Killah, Trife & Saigon 3:30 Album Only
2. My Dick Mickey Avalon 3:00 Album Only
3. Cappuccino The Knux 4:06 Album Only
4. Check Yo Self (The Message Remix) Ice Cube 3:55 Album Only
5. My Stoney Baby 311 3:44 Album Only
6. Chinese Baby Viva La Union 3:13 Album Only
7. Nothin? But A Good Time Poison 3:44 Album Only
8. P***y (Real Good) Jacki-O 4:24 Album Only
9. It?s So Hard to Say Goodbye (To Yesterday) Boyz II Men 2:49 Album Only
10. In the Beginning K?Naan 3:22 Album Only
11. Gospel Weed Song Bizarre 3:37 Album Only
12. All That I Want Curtis Murphy Syndicate 3:39 Album Only
13. The Merkin Medley George S. Clinton 3:32 $0.99

A good Grateful Dead or Phish show tends to last as long as a brewing session, so I do that a lot (Phish just released my first show on DVD), but I also make time for some nice jazz. Depending on my mood, I'll also put on NPR, The White Stripes, Gomez, Talking Heads, Super Furry Animals.

During baseball season, I'll listen to the Orioles if they have a game going. During college basketball season, I just don't brew when the Tar Heels are playing.

I;m going to say recenlty harold & kumar 2 soundtract
1. Ooh Wee Mark Ronson featuring Nate Dogg, Ghostface Killah, Trife & Saigon 3:30 Album Only
2. My Dick Mickey Avalon 3:00 Album Only
3. Cappuccino The Knux 4:06 Album Only
4. Check Yo Self (The Message Remix) Ice Cube 3:55 Album Only
5. My Stoney Baby 311 3:44 Album Only
6. Chinese Baby Viva La Union 3:13 Album Only
7. Nothin? But A Good Time Poison 3:44 Album Only
8. P***y (Real Good) Jacki-O 4:24 Album Only
9. It?s So Hard to Say Goodbye (To Yesterday) Boyz II Men 2:49 Album Only
10. In the Beginning K?Naan 3:22 Album Only
11. Gospel Weed Song Bizarre 3:37 Album Only
12. All That I Want Curtis Murphy Syndicate 3:39 Album Only
13. The Merkin Medley George S. Clinton 3:32 $0.99

Ohes noes, we have another sport from Bawlmer!

I'll throw the Ipod on my hardcore playlist. (Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Darkest Hour, Disturbed etc.) But, if it's time to get drunk and party, NOFX - Punk in Drublic. Best drunk CD ever created.

Edit: HOLY BALLS i didnt think anybody on here listened to Punk in Drublic... wow, thats a blast from the old days. How did the cat get so fat?

And I didn't know what a Merkin was, so we both learned something.. Such good (hazy) memories to punk in drublic

For brewing, lately it has been a "brew mix" music from Loreena_McKennitt, Maire_Brennan, Enya, Celtic_Woman. Stuff to keep me mellow and focused on beer. Then as I'm cleaning I tend to go to the wild hard stuff.

Back