New Freetail Brewery in San Antonio, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircleC-Brewer

Reaction score
I checked out the new Freetail brewpub in San Antonio, TX last Friday. They have 8 beers on tap and every beer I sampled was excellent. Lots of Big Beers to choose from.

By the way, The BLT and salad was great as well. I recommend this place.

Freetail Brewing Co. - Home

Circle C Brewer

Ha...Welcome to SA! And, come back, we need your touristy "beer" dollars. :)

Ya, Freetail got a slow start due to some HLT hardware problems when they first opened but they've caught up nicely. I've had their pizza a couple of times which has been consistently good and they also have a nice selection of craft beers on tap.

If anyone else is around North Central SA, be sure to stop by...

Sweet, thanks!!! I'm going to San Antonio for my first time on Friday, any other do not miss places you can suggest?

Sweet, thanks!!! I'm going to San Antonio for my first time on Friday, any other do not miss places you can suggest?

For beer? The best commercial beer selection is at Flying Saucer and another good microbrewery in town is Blue Star (King William District).

Though, Blue Star seems to be having some quality problems as of late. I was there last weekend for First Friday and their pale ale was noticeably oxidized. I know several of the guys that work there and they mentioned it was an older batch, but still unexpected for a good microbrewery. :(

Resurrecting an old thread: Just moved to SATX, and met a friend for drinks and pizza at Freetail. The Freetail Pale was fantastic. It's something worth cloning at home. It's a very malty, balanced and clean ale without too much alcohol, and with just the right blend of flavors. Very easy to drink, and great with a spinach/tomato pizza.

I was there the first day that Freetail opened and I was anxiously awaiting its opening for months before that. I still head there as often as I can and I think many would agree with me when I say it is one of the best brewpubs in Texas.

Great beer, great pizza and great entertainment on the weekends.

visited this place while i was in town over the summer, definitely a cool place to hang out and jelly that we dont have a place like this in dallas!

hopefulyl one day though! when i open up my brewpub :D

Back