Need a burner recommendation...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckbeagle

Reaction score
I have a cheap burner (Turkey Fryer) that I got from Wal-Mart. It has been good for 5 Gallon batches, but I have converted keggles that I want to start doing 10 gallon batches.

Can you guys recommend a burner, preferably with the stand?

I have a banjo burner I use with a keggle and love it. I got it for $80 shipped and the new ones come standard with a 30PSI regulator.

I use a standard turkey fryer for my HLT but I upped the regulator from the standard 10 PSI reg that came with it to an adjustable 30 PSI reg.

I went with the Banjo Burner for the Keggle boil pot just because I thought it would get the water to a boil faster.

I went with the Bayou Classic SQ14. It's inexpensive, seats a keggle on it perfectly, and I've heard it can work just fine for 10 gallon batches. I haven't done 10 gallon batch yet, but it brought 8 gallons to boil in a damn hurry and had to back it down quite a bit for a rolling, under control, boil. I've been quite happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back