DC Metro Area Group Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are at 17-18 sacks. My guess is this will close in another week or two, so if you are sitting on the fence, get in while you can. The buys tend to close fast once we get over 25 sacks.

sweetcell: I will split that Weyermann Pils with you if no one else wants it. I have plenty of Pils left, so if someone else wants a split I can wait. Either way...

What is the expected time till delivery? If it's like 8 weeks out I might jump on this group buy

Hard to say really as it depends on the 50 or so people who buy grain and their brewing habits. I generally brew constantly, but of late have had to do WAY more business travel than I want, thus my beer production has plummeted. I think I am only at about 60 gallons this year, which is about 40gallons below where I would like to be at this time of year. I like to maintain a 40 gallon pipeline.

We have done 2 of these and they took about 6 weeks from start to finish, I think. So if you are looking at having something in 8 weeks, either this one or the next one seem okay.

sweetcell: I will split that Weyermann Pils with you if no one else wants it. I have plenty of Pils left, so if someone else wants a split I can wait. Either way...

actually, i'll take the bag myself - my first 10/11 gallon brewday on the new stand will be a saison, so that'll use a good portion of it right there. so put me down for the pils.

i need to check the basement tonight, but i might be looking to split a wheat. if i do - any takers?

Stonebrewer

is there anyone from Fairfax or Woodbridge on this buy so far? I will need some grain, but it would be easier to just go to Jay's and pay going rate than up your way.

Sheldon

Stonebrewer

is there anyone from Fairfax or Woodbridge on this buy so far? I will need some grain, but it would be easier to just go to Jay's and pay going rate than up your way.

Sheldon

Sheldon: I don't keep track of where people live, so if someone is in your area is on this buy they can post here if they want to work with you.

sweetcell: Let me know when you do that saison...may want to sit in as your brew helper that day as I think I want to do a saison for summer consumption and yours are awesome!

actually, i'll take the bag myself - my first 10/11 gallon brewday on the new stand will be a saison, so that'll use a good portion of it right there. so put me down for the pils.

i need to check the basement tonight, but i might be looking to split a wheat. if i do - any takers?

If you can provide me with some nice recipes that use wheat I might be interested! I drank a lot of Hefeweizen back in my wild days in Germany but haven't done so in a loooong time....

Hey Stonebrewer,
I need a bag of Pils, but any way I can see whats available for the group buy? Any organic pils is available? If not, what about Franco-Belgique pils? Thanks man for doing this.
Thanks
J

I'll do 2 bags 2-row and if sweet cell is still looking to split a wheat I'm in. If not only the 2-row. Tnx stonebrewer!

bluedog: PM sent
funny: If someone can identify a source, I will try. I get most of mine from Farmhouse and I am happy with the price, selection, packaging, and quality. I find bulk hops to generally be not as good an idea as grain as many varieties do not hold up well over time. I will ask our current supplier what he can do as well. The Chicago group seems to have a good source, but Bill has said on many occasions don't ask who his supplier is and I won't violate his wishes...

Over halfway through the buy now, in case anyone was wondering...

Heading to NHC the rest of the week...homebrew heaven awaits!

bluedog: PM sent
funny: If someone can identify a source, I will try. I get most of mine from Farmhouse and I am happy with the price, selection, packaging, and quality. I find bulk hops to generally be not as good an idea as grain as many varieties do not hold up well over time. I will ask our current supplier what he can do as well. The Chicago group seems to have a good source, but Bill has said on many occasions don't ask who his supplier is and I won't violate his wishes...

Over halfway through the buy now, in case anyone was wondering...

Heading to NHC the rest of the week...homebrew heaven awaits!

Good point with the freshness of hops... I vacuum seal and freeze them after each use. I also like IPAs so I'm expecting to go through quite a lot of hops. I already have some bags of hops in the Farmhouse shopping cart so maybe I'll just do that instead. Thanks for your reply! Enjoy your NHC!!! :mug:

stonebrewer: in addition to my bag of pils, please put me down for a bag of Rahr 2-row.

psbuckland: lemme confirm the wheat split with you on sunday... need to check inventory, my original request may be been premature.

writing to you all from a train bound for philadelphia :ban:

If it makes sense we could do a three way split of the wheat...I am probably low on wheat after the last dunkel I did...see ya tomorrow morning sweetcell!

(Off topic)
Sob, sniff sniff...waaah!!! Had to sell my tickets. I'd me on a train up tomorrow morning. Have fun guys!!

On a brighter note, my 25 gallon kettle just arrived. So, at least I got that going for me. And a big brew day (not with that kettle...yet) on Sunday.
Cheers!

Stonebrewer, missed you at NHC but had a good time anyway. Could you PM me the list?

I'm about out of 2-row already so considering another bag. on the fence for this round.

banesong, jstoreyj, peter78: PM sent with list.
ewrzesinski: We are at ~25 of 40 sacks. Not sure how much longer it will take as it depends on people needing grain. With it being summer and people vacationing, seems demand has been a little slower than the last two buys, which had closed by this time. A lot more people have asked for the list this time, but few of them have placed an order. If it is the same as in the past, I suspect it will close suddenly in a 2-3 day period as it seems we get a rush of orders as the buy approaches being full. Anyone's guess as to when it will happen. Cheers!

If it makes sense we could do a three way split of the wheat...I am probably low on wheat after the last dunkel I did...

a three-way works for me.

I'd be down for a 3-way split of the wheat.

or we can upgrade to a foursome :ban:

either works for me... 12.5 lbs of wheat is still more than what i need (yet i'll find a way to use it :D)

Just to remind everyone who knows and make sure any new folks understand, if you propose a split then a) you pay me the full amount and b) you collect from the others splitting with you. It is hard enough for me to keep track of everything as it is so I have to set some limits. So far this has worked well with the first two buys. That said, I will take the 1/4 sack of Vienna to close peter78's Vienna split, which leaves a 1/4 bag of munich still up for grabs.

Just to remind everyone who knows and make sure any new folks understand, if you propose a split then a) you pay me the full amount and b) you collect from the others splitting with you. It is hard enough for me to keep track of everything as it is so I have to set some limits. So far this has worked well with the first two buys. That said, I will take the 1/4 sack of Vienna to close peter78's Vienna split, which leaves a 1/4 bag of munich still up for grabs.

Your initiative is highly appreciated! If it fits into my schedule I still offer my help to unload the truck. :tank:

Latest posts

Back