denny's wry smile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great recipe. I've made it several times, and I just love it. My husband doesn't care as much for it, though. He's not a rye beer fan.

You may have to dump the husband.

I used Chinook instead of Mt. Hood and it was still a great beer. It is a beer to be consumed soon when all the flavors are crisp. When I brew it again I plan to up the Rye % somewhat for more spice and try it with Mt. Hood !

You may have to dump the husband.

I used Chinook instead of Mt. Hood and it was still a great beer. It is a beer to be consumed soon when all the flavors are crisp. When I brew it again I plan to up the Rye % somewhat for more spice and try it with Mt. Hood !

I've done it both traditionally (as Denny says you have to try it the first time "as written" and I did exactly that!) and with other hops. I really loved the Mt. Hood original version much more than I thought I would. But I love rye beer, and would love to try it with even more rye. That spiciness is unlike any other, and I just love it.

+1 this is a fantastic Denny brew. Probably my favorite brew to date, definitely top 3.

Planning a rebrew in a week or two.

The spicy rye is simply fantastic

Latest posts

Back