What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-397315028.jpg

Sam Adams alpine springs. My wife loves this stuff. Ok I don't mind it either, rather tasty toast!

Based on my recipe I believe :D

Correct! Except I had to use CTZ with the Citra. You provided me all the malt percentages though (back a hundred pages or so on this thread) and you told me to choose a flaked (I ended up using rolled oats) I love it. If I do it again I'll cut down the ibus or skip the 60 min addition all together and do only later additions. Your always your own worst critic though. For my first ever saison I think it's good stuff :mug:

samples of my split Saison experiment.

the WY3711 is in the PBR sampler and the WLP565 is in the Schell's sampler. as you can see the 3711 dropped very clear as the 565 did not. the 3711 dropped from OG 1.047 to a FG of 1.004 & the 565 dropped to 1.013. I have taken readings a few weeks ago and confirmed they are done. the 3711 is definitely drier & more tart while the 565 actually let the hops shine a little more. I think I'm more of a fan of the 3711 at this point.

0224131555.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
This might be my last one ... and I haven't seen it on the shelves lately :(

It never made it up my way. Our LHBS has a waiting list for order and only one case per. What it a fair price for Sucks. I don't want to pay there cooler bill this month. They also have waiting list for nugget nectar, I still have about 7-8 of those. But I guess you can't have too mant

Not as hoppy as I was expecting based on Lagunitas' reputation, but a very solid beer. Me likey.

For some reason Lagunitas hasn't been stocked up in the stores around here lately. I do see Cappuccino stout bombers, IPA, Pilz, Dogtown, and Hop stoopid still all the time. But Brown Shugga, and Lil sumpin sumpin are missing from the shelves HELP!!! :confused: :(

I've never tried that Censored before but i did brew the "Can you brew it clone"
It's on tap at my place if you want to swing by and compare. :D

You should move here. Growers are quite common ;)

I like it down in Texas :p. I have four growers in my truck right now. Lol filled two I already have and found another store that does them and got two. I got sierra bigfoot, Brooklyn Irish stout, buffalo bayou coffee ipa, and a local stout I having tried yet. Got some drinking to do the next couple of days lol

I like it down in Texas :p. I have four growers in my truck right now. Lol filled two I already have and found another store that does them and got two. I got sierra bigfoot, Brooklyn Irish stout, buffalo bayou coffee ipa, and a local stout I having tried yet. Got some drinking to do the next couple of days lol

What city are you in?

I live in spring. Just north of Houston.

There is a new place called growlers in the Montrose area. The replace all the air in the growlers with co2 so the beer stays good for up to 6 months (what I was told) I had some that was two weeks old and tastes very fresh

DisturbdChemist said:

What do you think of the Bayou Sunset? I didn't care much for it.

tx-brewer said:
There is a new place called growlers in the Montrose area. The replace all the air in the growlers with co2 so the beer stays good for up to 6 months (what I was told) I had some that was two weeks old and tastes very fresh

I haven't checked them out. I've been to Premium Draught in The Heights and they shoot C02 in before they fill and they cap on foam. I was very pleased with the experience I had there. Hopefully I'll have time to look at their bottle selection next time I go.

Earlier: Anchorage Galaxy White IPA , have the starter for my clone going. Now I just need to find some kumquats.

image-1904990209.jpg

Now: my citra saison. Down to the last few bottles, I hate to see her go, but I love to watch her leave....fortunately I dry hopped version 2.0 today. It's my 'improved' saison grist (now with oats for better head retention!) and dry hopped with half Nelson/ half Citra.

image-1665209476.jpg

And in between yet another grav sample from split batch of petite saison- dry hopped with citra, conditioned with cantillon Brett, lacto, and a bit of oak.

Short snifter of a 2012 Schlafly 21st anniversary Single malt scottish. I recommend ageing this unless you like a peaty/heavy scotch wisky barrel overpowering taste. Its like
a KentuckyBourbon Ale on steroids.

my own face. what?!? GET SOME!!!

and I blended the dregs from both those Saison batches. gonna wash & use the whole dram thing in another batch. and I ended up with 1/2 bottle from each batch, so I blended them.

Ceregio Sangiovese Di Romagna. It's a nice Tuscan style red, but now from Tuscany.

I had some of my American Lager earlier, and also a taste of my Ruination clone. The Ruination is 8.2% ABV, that should have a kick.

Doing some scotch tasting tonight to see what I like. I'll post my findings later.

View attachment 103621
brutha, if you can find a sample bottle of the Johnny Green or Gold, pick them up. much better than the black, but not as good as the blue.:rockin: and I'm a fan of Glenmorangie. haven't tried their upper crust stuff though.

Back