What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a couple Negra Modelos earlier, but right now it's tequila. Jose Cuervo Reserva de Familia.

It's no mystery why everybody calls me Arturo instead of Arthur.

arturo7 said:
Had a couple Negra Modelos earlier, but right now it's tequila. Jose Cuervo Reserva de Familia.

It's no mystery why everybody calls me Arturo instead of Arthur.
I must contest that anything Jose Cuervo puts out cannot be called Tequila... Sorry JMO
JJ

got two empty taps :( had to scrounge up some change for a couple sixers of hazed and infused and sante fe brewing nut brown ale. going to let my stout sit another week then keg. it just won't come fast enough!!!:mad:

Cracked a 1-year 'vintage' DFH Black & Blue.

"Malt beverage fermented with blackberries and blueberries. 10% ABV."

I'm feeling pretty good after a couple magic hat circus boys (i got the case for free for doing a 1040A), an ithaca cascazilla, and now 20oz. of DFH olde ale. My brother finished the last 5 oz.

Anyway, I'll keep this succinct: Beer poured a beautiful ruby hue. I ended up stairing through it at a light and the light filtered through the particulate floating in it, had me mesmerized. Looked better than it was, but it was still solid. Malty, caramelly beverage, no hint of hops. I could faintly pick up the actual fruits used in aroma and at the back of tongue, aftertaste was more of cider though. It was smooth for 10%. I drank it from a cold 43F to about 55F. Evolved nicely over the temp range. Was a bit tangy and bitey cold, but got smooth warm. Complex fuirty, malty flavor...

I purchased this a year ago in Rehoboth, it was bottled 2/12/07. I hadn't had any fresh so I can't attest to how it aged, but it was a pretty smooth drinkable beer after so long... I'd purchase some again when/if they brew it again.

I just polished off my growler of Stone 11th Anniversary IPA. :drunk:

If there was any more my typing would statr lokin liek thiss...

Just cracked open a DFH Palo Santo Marron. I love leaving work early on Friday to brew and drink!

cr321 said:
Just cracked open a DFH Palo Santo Marron. I love leaving work early on Friday to brew and drink!

Hadn't heard of this one before, but sounds excellent. I'm heading down to DFH for the first time this year (went 3-4 times last year) in Mid-May. Can't wait, but may need to find some of this before...

DFH said:
An unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented brown ale aged in handmade wooden brewing vessels. The caramel and vanilla complexity unique to this beer comes from the exotic Paraguayan Palo Santo wood from which these tanks were crafted. Palo Santo means "holy tree" and it's wood has been used in South American wine-making communities.

This beer is a 12% abv, highly roasty, and malty brown ale aged on the Palo Santo wood. It was a huge hit at our Rehoboth Beach brewpub when first released in November of 2006, so it's coming back... into full production.

At 10,000 gallons each, these are the largest wooden brewing vessels built in America since before Prohibition. It's all very exciting. We have wood. Now you do too.

So, how is it?!

This is my first one and it is great. Got a call wednesday from the local beerstore guy to let me know that he just got a case in stock and that he was saving me a four pack. At 12% abv I can tell it's going to be a long night.

I'm jealous about your upcoming trip to DFH. Enjoy.

Soulive said:
ETA to Nugget Nectar = 1700 eastern standard

Picked up my case of Nugget Nectar right about that time as well. Drinking my first one now - 2200 eastern standard.

It's pretty good stuff again... hadn't had one of these for a good 9-10 months. Beautiful beer too, in my sam adams glass... :tank:

cr321 said:

I'm really looking forward to trying this beer.

McKBrew said:
I'm really looking forward to trying this beer.

Fantastic brew! Might have had one too many this evening...but I guess I'll worry about that tomorrow. :rockin:

I figured i would ask this question because i just poured my 1st ever DFH 120 min and im stoked. i cant get it in my state so my dad mailed me a few and they finally got here. so what are you all drinking as you surf??:ban: :mug:

i r drinking Iced Tea :D

After supper I was just thinking of trying an Alaskan Pale Ale or tow that should be carbed by now.

DeathBrewer said:
nothing :( i'm at werk

this.

going out with SWMBO here very shortly to a kitschy Italian place. unfortunately the best beer they have is killians... the food is great though. ah well. I'll have a homebrew when I get home.

Troegs Nugget Nectar. It's pretty good IMO. After this I'll have one more of something else, yet to be determined, and I'll be done for the evening.

I haven't bought beer since July, until last night. I got a six pack of Terrapin Rye Pale Ale out of Athens Georgia. Darn good beer! I was reading their website about other beers they have. Big Hoppy Monster, Rye Squared, and a coffee oatmeal stout called Wake-N-Bake all sound good. I am going to try to go on a brewery tour next time I go visit my daughter at UGA.

Oh yeah. I sent them some Email comments and got personal replies from one of the owners. These guys are former home brewers that hopefully will make it big time. Terrapinbeer.com if you want to check it out online. "In touch with your taste" Cool guys and great beer IMO.

I am "sampling" one of biermuncher's First Wort Hopped IPA recipe. I bottled mine 14 days ago. I cracked one of the potentially oxidized ones that bubbled hard during bottling, just to see. I am going to drink the whole bottle.

The carb level isn't there yet, but the cat piss taste is gone and the hop flavor is still there in spades. This will be a show stopper, kudo's to biermuncher for this one.

My Fat Tuba Pale Ale. I've gotta kill the keg so I can refill it with the same brew that is going to the NHC.

mrk305 said:
I haven't bought beer since July, until last night. I got a six pack of Terrapin Rye Pale Ale out of Athens Georgia. Darn good beer! I was reading their website about other beers they have. Big Hoppy Monster, Rye Squared, and a coffee oatmeal stout called Wake-N-Bake all sound good. I am going to try to go on a brewery tour next time I go visit my daughter at UGA.

Oh yeah. I sent them some Email comments and got personal replies from one of the owners. These guys are former home brewers that hopefully will make it big time. Terrapinbeer.com if you want to check it out online. "In touch with your taste" Cool guys and great beer IMO.
Those guys do make good beer...I especially like both of their rye beers. BTW, they are usually represented at brewfests in the South, at least every one I've been to here in NC. I bet if there's one in your area they'll be at it and you can line up their who repertoire!

My Fat Tuba Pale Ale for the NHC. The kg needs a couple more days for carbonation and another week or so to have everything settle out and mellow. By the time the deadline comes around, this should be perfect. :rockin:

Lumpy Gravy...

As in the Lagunitas Special Release commerating the 40th Anniversary of Frank Zappa's album Lumpy Gravy
Lumpy Gravy.jpg
It's similar to a doppelbock, but with a little more bitterness, some roasted flavors, and done as an ale. It's red in color, malty, but balanced and is very drinkable. If you can find some of this beer, try it.

I' drinking some pumpkin beer I made last fall and then I had a couple of Irish carbombs with a Guinness clone I made a few weeks ago. Needless to say I'm pretty buzzed.:tank:

Back